About Kristine's apprentice

G'day Kristine,

It's a real kick in the guts, when you give someone a golden opportunity to better themselves and you place them in a position of trust and responsibilty, and they turn around and crap all over you.

I know the heartache you are going through, i've been there, and all i can say is life goes on, you will get over it but you will never forget it.

Keep the chin up and move onwards.....

Cheers
watto

Oh Kristine,

That's really horrible. What a shocking betrayal of trust - and how utterly stupid of him!!

It would indeed be difficult to be a match for someone who "knows how to be charming and pleasant, a willing worker, bright eyed and bushy tailed. I showed him trust and respect and actually liked his company. And he deliberately, consistently and methodically stole from me."

There have been some useful suggestions of things to do in future, though I hope you don't it turn you into someone who never trusted anyone again (I don't think you will). More caution, sure. More checking, sure, though I think it's difficult to guard against someone who is a complete and utter rogue and con man.

Keep on trucking, and the best of luck to you. Truly, don't let the b***stds grind you down.

Hi Kristine,

I'm on a giant rollercoaster ride of emotion !

Not quite sure what to say or how to say it.

When I first started reading this thread weeks ago, I felt good about you helping somebody else.

I felt sick when I read he'd been stealing from you. It's wrong. It's just wrong. Makes you distrustful of other people, in the same way that World Trade Centre and Bali forces you to look at other people and events in a different light. That's why there aren't garbage bins on major Sydney railway stations, may be used for a bomb. What your apprentice did affects you and your outlook on life.

So, be strong and stay the person you are, and don't let him change you. Thanks for being so giving, with all your detailed & complete postings. I really value what you say and do. It's really good. Just really really good.

thanks,
Richard

Kristine,

Firstly congratulations on entering the so called "Man's World" of the buidling game and hiring an apprentice.

Obviously you have the skills, knowledge and resources and one bad apple took advantage of a kind, sincere employer.

It is great to hear that you will not let this speed bump deter you.

Do your referee checks and ALWAYS go with your gut feeling.

There will always be people in this world who will take advantage of others. Don't feel stupid or too upset at what occurred. You have really lost nothing, but gained another life experience, which obviously you and all of us have learnt from.

Your so called "Apprentice" has lost a great deal more. - Hopefully no future apprenticeship (as a Builder that is) - may be offered one in the criminal world - not that he's much good at that either - he got caught!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep going Girl! You are an inspiration to all of us - Particularly the female investors/rennovators/builders ...........

BUNDY

inspiration

I totally second what Bundy said....you are definitely an inspiration.

I wish I had your courage to go out and do developments...I intend to but haven't got to the "giant leap of faith" part yet !

best wishes to you for the future

Savanna

Back