Accountant/Financial Advisor needed

I might be a bit vague about what I need but I didn't do a tax return last year(need to get that in) and need help on how to structure my financial affairs. I just bought a new property that I will live in at the back and rent out the house.

I have the option of getting cash like a sublet or doing up a lease.

Also not sure if I should keep or sell my other IP.

Also need to change my salary sacrificing, and while I am there I would like to have a budget so I know what I have and don't have. So there are a lot of questions that I have for this person and I am looking for a good one that doesn't charge an arm and a leg as I have overpaid in the past.

I am living on the Central Coast

Thanks so much.

As an accountant/tax etc and financial planners with extensive clients in super, smsfs and also property we are located at the end of the freeway (Whatever its called this week)

Happy to discuss offline for no charge.

Thanks Paul,
I will be in contact. Anyone know of others they can recommend, I would like to be able to compare prices etc.

Cheers

I need help too, i need a good accountant in sydney. im confused about interest only loans. the bank was trying to convince me against this.

Interest only unless you are not disciplined with your funds in which case go P&I.

Re Accountant - Paul Gerrard posts here and he is excellent. Definitely worth while contacting him. As an added bonus he is doesn't take his time responding to emails!

I need help too, i need a good accountant in sydney. im confused about interest only loans. the bank was trying to convince me against this.

Hi Tash

the primary question would be WHY ?

Interest only doesnt suit everyone for a number of reasons including(none of these may apply to youand the banker may just be a PI zealot)

• Possible reduced serviceability with some lenders
  • marginal approval chances, credit more comfy with PI
  • Poor money habits, so forced PI may be a good thing for a while
  • Product issues, some cheapies are only available as PI

ta
rolf

Penalties for late lodgement are nasty now.

If 2012 is overdue past 30 June 2013 you can be assured a penalty of $830 for 2012 and $850 for 2013 since it was due on 30 September trigger by non-lodgement for 2012. Penalties for 2013 wont apply to a Nil or refund. I have found ATO are now issuing default penalty notices for non-lodgers for 2012. These notices dont care or consider if there is a refund and are a default failure to lodge. They used to wait until lodgement....Not any more. I wouldnt be waiting around.

Back