Adding a dishwasher

In a few weeks we settle on a nice 1980s house in Brisbane's west. It doesn't have a dishwasher, and given that it's in a good suburb, we want to add one.

I know I'll need a plumber to run a pipe off the kitchen sink and an electrician to add an electric socket. We'd need to convert a kitchen cupboard below the benchtop to somewhere to house the dishwasher. Can this simply be done by a handyman or do I need a carpenter/cabinet maker for this?

Thanks in advance,
GG

Hi GG

Is it an IP or PPOR?

If an IP - I don't know if I'd bother putting one in. Just another thing that requires maintenance.

Cheers

Jamie

I dont fit them to any of my properties as they do damage the cupboards
from all the steam but I have left a place in any new kitchen I have installed
for any tenant that wants to install one themselves.
I don't know of any current tenants that have or any over the years

If you have a cupboard that you can remove doors from (and kick boards), you could easily retrofit with a handyman doing the work (apart from electricity and plumbing).

Thank you, all. We'll go ahead with putting in a dishwasher - any recommendations for an electrician, plumber and handyman? I'll also ask the PM we've engaged to find tenants for us for her recommendations on tradies, but I'd prefer to use someone recommended by other Brisbane investors.

Thanks,
GG

Wouldn't worry about the plumber to be honest, it's just a corrugated hose to the spigot on the "S" trap.

Not exactly rocket science and it'll save you on a callout fee etc.

I don't know if I'd bother putting one in.

Pm calls............tenant just rang,dishwasher is not working.

Jim1964 replies whats the problem?

Pm says tenant has checked filters etc but water is not getting pumped out.

Jim1964 curses F^& F%^&*$ Sake, ok, organise someone to look at it.

1 Week Later.

Ring Ring, Mr Jim1964?

Yep i reply.

Its %^&*%$% from ^&%$%^&&**^% appliances.We have your dishwasher here at our workshop,and we have a bit of a problem.

F&^ F^%$# Sake, what now? i mumble.

&*)($%^ appliances tells me we cant find anything wrong.The filter did need a clean though.

I reply thanks.Whats the bill?

%^$#@% appliances reply $175.

I mumble again.

Plus GST %^$#%^ appliances tells me.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........Give it a miss.:eek:

Wouldn't worry about the plumber to be honest, it's just a corrugated hose to the spigot on the "S" trap.

Not exactly rocket science and it'll save you on a callout fee etc.

i agree, but they might not have a duo valve coming out the wall. and the place where they want the dishwasher may be further away then from the sink taps so it would depend..

In a few weeks we settle on a nice 1980s house in Brisbane's west. It doesn't have a dishwasher, and given that it's in a good suburb, we want to add one.

I know I'll need a plumber to run a pipe off the kitchen sink and an electrician to add an electric socket. We'd need to convert a kitchen cupboard below the benchtop to somewhere to house the dishwasher. Can this simply be done by a handyman or do I need a carpenter/cabinet maker for this?

Thanks in advance,
GG

depends on the layout of the kitchen/the way the cabinets were built yardie yardie !! handymen will **** in your pocket to get the job and tell you its raining money .

Back