Additional insurance discounts?

Just wondering if anyone has negotiated an extra building and contents and/or landlord insurance discount for holding numerous policies with the one company.

I am refering to a discount over and above the standard multi-policy discounts that are commonly advertised by insurance companies and usually only require a few policies - eg a home and contents and a car - before the discount % maxes out. Surely someone who also has a number of IPs to insure should be able to negotiate a better deal?

We've tried it, but not had any luck. Maybe I need to work on those negotiation skills?

Even with multiple LL policies, 10% is about the best we've managed.

i tried it too. I have multiple policies with NRMA. But they seem to cap it at a certain level and won't budge. They do offer discounted policies if you alter your excesses of course. I'm just about to call Allianze to see what they can do for me.

personally I haven't done it. But know of a mate who achieved this by going via an Insurance broker. Essentially consolidating all his insurance needs to a single company with most favourable quote. I believe QBE came to the table.

Well I've just talked to allianz and they said they wont do LL insurance if you self manage. Didn't think it would be a factor? So a broker is my next step.

ANZ gave a 15 for 12 deal on their LL insurance with their pro pack. Again, its not a big discount, but it adds up over a few properties. At some point its cheaper to self insure agains rent default and tenant damage, I gues when you have about 10 properties or so?

Back