Advice on pressure cleaners please

Hi all

I'm in the market for a pressure cleaner and was wondering if anyone has any advice on good, bad and indifferent ones.

All comments greatly appreciated.

Cheers :cool:

Hey SOS,

Depending on the size of the job/ojbect you're aiming to clean. If it is only small, those hand held STEAM cleaners (as seen on TV) really DO work wonders, but only on small areas. Larger areas would mean you'd have to keep refilling with water and can be time consuming and tiresome, or alternatively, you could hire an industrial sized unit!!! ;)

Cheers,

Jo

G'Day

I've had a K'Archer for three years now, bought it for washing down a weatherboard house which was great, now with the water restrictions it gets used frequently to wash the cars.

I used at the weekend it to clean out the garage at the rental I'm working on - really efficient as it pushes the water out of the area more effectively than just having a hose on full blast.

For that reason it's also good for washing windows - the pressurised jet reaches further without thudding on the windows.

I have found the couple of hundred dollars well spent. Check around for prices, Bunnings are a good benchmark and compare from there.

My model is one-up-from-basic. It also has a little feeder hose which can be put into a bucket of soapy water and a low pressure nozzle if you are wanting to clean without blasting.

Cheers

Kristine

Hi,

I bought a Ryobi last year.

My house has about 150m2 of patterned concrete, the moisture gets into the course surface and we get mould in any shady area, plus we reseal it every 3 years, so needs to be clean for the seal to work.

I went to an irrigation type place and the guy said that they did not sell them but 2 guys there had Ryobi and they had been reliable. Apparently not all brands have a metal impeller and that is what wears out first.

Done my 150m2 fairly quickly and got rid of some really dirty, mouldy patches quite easily.

I think most brands do the job and they really are a great "new toy" :D :D

Can you still use these on houses/drives/cars in NSW with the water restrictions? I would have thought is was still hosing a hard surface. I wanted one, but thought I couldn't use too often at present.

I Got One!!!!!!!!

Well, I just went out and bought a Karcher K3.97!! :eek: :D

Its a midrange model, there are about a dozen different ones in the Karcher range and figured this will do fine.

Now I've just got to work out where all those little hosey bits fit on. :p :rolleyes:

Thanks for your replies.

Cheers :cool:

Back