Advice please - questions on Brisbane areas, lawyers, building inspections etc

Hi All,

We are going to Brisbane soon for a week to research on a potential IP. I have done searches on this forum and still have a number of questions and would appreciate some advice on the following:

1. Areas to look - I have read a lot in this forum about the SE area of Brisbane - between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, like the Logan shire. We have set a limit of $300K for a 3 bedroom home. However, we would like to stick to a Brisbane suburb. Could you please suggest some suburb names where we should look within this limit?

2. In terms of conveyancing, I have read that it is better to use local lawyers (we live in Sydney). Some forum members have recommended Tunns lawyers and Porta lawyers for this. We have a hybrid discretionary trust. Do you know if these lawyers would be appropriate for this.

From this forum, I have found a recommendation for building inspections (Australian Structural Inspections, Archicentre), and for QS report (deppro.com). Have you got any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

An article in Saturdays
Courier Mail shows the cheapest suburbs in the Brisbane area.

Carole Park, Inala and Darra being among the cheapest 10 areas.

One quote is: "There is still a bit of stigma attached to Inala, but all that is changing,"

Not sure how the areas will change, but I think that some of the cheaper, lower status areas in Sydney became more upmarket and expensive over time.

My own area, Victoria Point, still has a few houses under $300k, but not many. :)

edit:
I was just reading another thread: post no 8 on This thread, and Skaters comments on ex housing commission areas, goes along with my own thinking of the areas I have mentioned above.

Babushka,

If you do a search on Brisbane using realestate.com.au you will find a list of houses in suburbs. You can use that list of suburbs as a starting point for your research.

Alternatively purchase a copy of API with this data - you can find back issues in many libraries.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

I'd do a lot of research here first before you go. Get the papers, search in the net. Ge a directory- know where the properties are in rfelation to railway, schools, shopping, the water. Look at Residex growth predictions.

When you're on the ground, it's too late to be learning that.

Back