Advice to OS investor

It doesn't happen to me very often, but I'm really outraged at something an overseas property investor who has invested in Australia was just telling me.

Here is their quote:

the sales director asked us to sell all our IPs and buy their products, which are units in the CBD area. He guaranteed us that his product will double in 10 years time, and definitely not our frankston investment. He is from Melbourne and he condemned our frankston investment and even laughed at us......we are indeed very disheartened to hear that, especially as we are not from Melbourne.

Another quote from someone conducting a 'seminar':

My hubby check with them about investment in Adelaide. He told my hubby, he has no clue about Adelaide, but remarked that investors run away from Adelaide

(direct quotes, I've just cleaned up some of the grammer)

Behaviour and statements like those made to the investor as stated above are absolutely despicable!

This is an investor who has done research into different areas, and invested in Australian property (I think they have 3 from memory, and currently negotiating for a 4th - all houses). In an effort to further their knowledge, they attend property seminars, and are then told something like this!

It's one thing to actively promote the sale of the apartments your developing. But to mock an investor for their current investments, and suggest they sell them is ridiculous! :mad:

I'll end my rant there.

Sounds like Ming Ling?

Tell your overseas investor to get in touch with Neil Jenman so he can have some fun with the seminar guy.

Hey Steve ... these are possibly new units in the CBD ....tell them to read my post on all that went wrong with Hornsby when we listened to a spruiker after attending a few of his seminars.

Cheers

Dear All,

We have indeed attended many such seminar. yes, they all sell apt at CBD area with rental guarantee. We have no confident to invest their product.

We have an investment with 9% return guarantee 10 years from NZ. We have been receiving 9%*$X(the amount u invested) for 1.5 years without fail. Then last sept, the company get into trouble, there is no $$ go into our a/c ever since, now in the process of negotiation......with this experience, I never believe in rental guarantee investment.

Hi Cherry Pro,
yes, I read your post. I understand your situation.
I lost my 5K deposit the next day for not to proceed the purchase an apt at Dockland. The episode happened before my NZ investment get into trouble.

With all these bad experience, it has make us a 'stronger' person by just attending seminar w/o any purchase.

Hi Mingling

That makes two of us with rental guarantees that went awry !

We live and learn .so they say !

If we keep asking the right questions here of the more asture property investors, we can't wrong.

Good luck !

Hi Cherry,

Timing is key factor for this games !!! and also No venture No gain !

I must admit I enjoy reading all the posts in SS. Thanks to all who contribute their generous, valuable experience and unselfish sharing.

Steveadl,
can't thanks you more indeed !

cheers !

Back