Air conditioner

Hi brothers.

My pm just told me the tennants requested a air con but they already resigned the lease. What should i do? They said they would like it by summer

The pm said we would put rent up next yr does it seem feasible doing it before summer then rent goes up next yr? It could mean tennants could leave cause of rent increase..

The pm said we would put rent up next yr does it seem feasible doing it before summer then rent goes up next yr? It could mean tennants could leave cause of rent increase..

Well from what I understand, they've been living in the property without aircon, and re-signed with this lack of aircon.

I'd think it's fair and reasonable to request compensation for providing extra features to a property which the tenants are using.

I once had a tenant request an electric roller door for a property as it was *too* burdensome to open the door each day manually. I let them know I was happy to have an electric roller door installed, if they agree to a $10wk rental increase. Suddenly wasn't so burdensome after all and they left it at that. :)

I was in a lease when I negotiated a rent increase with my landlord. heater died, needed a new one and said I would pay an extra $20 per week if he put in a split system with cooling as well as opposed to just a heater. We all signed the special agreement on the dotted line, he gets an extra $20 per week and we have a bit of relief in summer.

Just remember, if you make this agreement with your tenants and the rent ends up above the market rental amount if and when these tenants vacate you may not be able to get the higher rent again so don't do all of your figures based on the negotiated amount!

Back