air conditioning installer

hi people,

i am looking to put an air conditioning unit in my apartment, does anyone can recommend a cheap and reliable a/c installer?? And where can you get cheap and good brand a/c??

Is it true, its a lot cheaper to buy them during winter? Because my friend can buy fujistu 5.2kw cooling power unit for 1200 last july and now everywhere i see its around $1700-1800 :(

And also I've been getting a quote for $1k for the installation, is that normal??

Thank you for your help...

The installation seems to vary with areas. In Sydney we were quoted $500 but rural we were quoted $800-$1000.

It depends if there is already a separate meter switch, how far the cabling needs to go, how difficult it is to access (roof etc). Also how the unit is powered (from the internal unit or both the internal and outer unit.

When comparing prices look to see if they are an inverter or not. This makes a HUGE price difference.
I recently purchased one for an IP. I was advised to get a reputable brand. Apparently with some of the noname ones they mass produce them then no more. You can't get parts when they break down.
We found Bing Lee best for prices. Plus they will negotiate

Back