Air purifiers & cleaning/dusting

Following on from Alex P Keaton's thread abut a cleaner, I was intrigued by redwins' post where he mentioned he used an air purifier as well as the robot vacuum cleaner...

Not that I need to be looking for more things to spend money on though....

Just wondering with the airpurifier, how do they work ? How often would you normally have them on ? And are they worth it ? Would someone need one for upstairs and one for downstairs ? (which probably also means I need 2 robot vacs too !).

If the air purfiier took care of dusting, and the vac took care of vacuuming, I woud only need a robot bathroom, kitchen, fridge cleaner and tile mopper, unless there's one that washes and irons & puts away clothes too.

Some of these air purifiers are a bit dodgy in some peoples opinions.

They work on ionising the air with high voltage needles - it's supposed to be beneficial to health, and drop down dust - could be just as good living next to a HV power line.

The others are just a plain fan with a dust/pollen filter on it (kind of like an air con without the air con), and may also run the HV needles in conjunction.

Don't know if they'll help much in terms of actual cleaning....

The Y-man

Some of these air purifiers are a bit dodgy in some peoples opinions.

They work on ionising the air with high voltage needles - it's supposed to be beneficial to health, and drop down dust - could be just as good living next to a HV power line.

The others are just a plain fan with a dust/pollen filter on it (kind of like an air con without the air con), and may also run the HV needles in conjunction.

Don't know if they'll help much in terms of actual cleaning....
The Y-man

Good I dont need to spend more money anyway

Back