Albion,Ardeer,Broadmeadows,Coolaroo, DeerPark or StAlban

I also would look at Broadmeadows but target development sites, 700 sqm2, 3 unit sites it will set you back around $420-440K. Dallas is cheaper but I have found it difficult to find suitable development sites, irregular blocks.

I have read a couple of reports where Broadmeadows has been identified as an area which will continue to grow, the council is pro development, old houses replaced with townhouses. Closer to the train station provides better opportunities for development.

Cheers, MTR

Now in 2014 and a 710m2 Broadmeadows house with permits for 3 units is $370-410k,making it one of the cheapest suburbs within 15ks of the CBD.

So whats going on in broadmeadows???

im VERY new to all this,but to me it seems like a good place to buy??

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-broadmeadows-118729975

Now in 2014 and a 710m2 Broadmeadows house with permits for 3 units is $370-410k,making it one of the cheapest suburbs within 15ks of the CBD.

So whats going on in broadmeadows???

im VERY new to all this,but to me it seems like a good place to buy??

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-broadmeadows-118729975

Have you been to Broadmeadows, or Broadmeadows station? I think if you drive around you will know why its so affordable. To turn a profit there has to be demand, so i don't know how much demand you are going to get around there.

Hi

Hi,

When looking at investing I don't look at what the area is like now but I try and foresee the area on whats its going to be like in 10 years time.

Sunshine, Footscray and even Newport where not desirables areas 10 to 15 years ago, but now these areas are hot.

Hi,
I am from Sydney and thinking of buying an investment in the Sunshine area for which I request some help.
Sunshine , I believe, has gone up a lot and so I have to look at the surrounding / nearby suburbs which will grow hopefully in the next round. Can somebody please give his/ her insight about which suburbs are better than others from Ardeer, Coolaroo, Broadmeadow, Deer Park, St Albion and any other suitable?
My budget is around 350 K . Also why not Melbourne now, DeltaBerry? I am curious.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi,

When looking at investing I don't look at what the area is like now but I try and foresee the area on whats its going to be like in 10 years time.

Sunshine, Footscray and even Newport where not desirables areas 10 to 15 years ago, but now these areas are hot.

There are still plenty of people who look down upon Footscray and anything West of it. Went to a Xmas party not so long ago recalling a bloke having a go at Footscray - "I mean it's Footscray, why would you want to dump $500K in Footscray pfftt" with his nose high up.

He had some points to ponder:

1. Western suburbs is "affordable", good to make a quick buck with any boom, but as one makes the $, would they live in the West? He reckons it's like a transit lounge. (Agreed).

2. Lacks private and top notch state schools (Told him academics isn't based on school)

3. Lacks Green pastures and hills (agreed with him).

There are still plenty of people who look down upon Footscray and anything West of it. Went to a Xmas party not so long ago recalling a bloke having a go at Footscray - "I mean it's Footscray, why would you want to dump $500K in Footscray pfftt" with his nose high up.

He had some points to ponder:

1. Western suburbs is "affordable", good to make a quick buck with any boom, but as one makes the $, would they live in the West? He reckons it's like a transit lounge. (Agreed).

2. Lacks private and top notch state schools (Told him academics isn't based on school)

3. Lacks Green pastures and hills (agreed him).

People always say to me why I live in the west? I then say I have no mortgage and a really good life style. In terms of the above points have a look at this.

1) Why would people live in the west? If you live in sunshine or deer park it takes 20 mins to get to the city.... areas are less prone to fires and floodings and to be honest sunshine is going to be a major hub in the coming years.

2) I agree with you lol I got a score of 15% and I came from a poor family and I have done very well. Plus there are privates schools such as CRC, Essendon Grammar and Thomascar.

3) Lack of green, Come to deer park I live near a creek, allot of trees and a beutifall walking trail.

People always say to me why I live in the west? I then say I have no mortgage and a really good life style. In terms of the above points have a look at this.

1) Why would people live in the west? If you live in sunshine or deer park it takes 20 mins to get to the city.... areas are less prone to fires and floodings and to be honest sunshine is going to be a major hub in the coming years.

2) I agree with you lol I got a score of 15% and I came from a poor family and I have done very well. Plus there are privates schools such as CRC, Essendon Grammar and Thomascar.

3) Lack of green, Come to deer park I live near a creek, allot of trees and a beutifall walking trail.

Spot on re the above!!!

Best thing I ever done was purchase our PPOR in Ardeer on 700sqm for the pricely sum of $255k :)

Redeveloped it in to 3 nice Townhouses/Units and flipped 2 of them off recently. This has pretty much given us a brilliant start to our lives financially and I live here as well and cannot talk highly enough about it.

I drive 2km to the Albion Train Station (bout 4min by Car) which is Zone 1 and it takes about 20min to get in to the City. Very quiet area as well with great walking tracks and decent parks for the kids.

Lots of gentrification happening, old people dying or moving to retirement homes and young families moving in. Lots of development going on as well.

Sunshine has gone nuts and Albion is moving up hard as well. Ardeer (Ballarat Rd section) will definately be the next one to move and it's starting to as well already but much slower than Sunshine/Albion.

Ardeer & Albion all the way out of all those options that were mentioned!!!

Back