Albury

Devak

My business partner is based in Melbourne and is licensed in NSW & VIC.

We buy in all 3 states for our clients depending on their requirements.

At the moment many clients are wanting Brisbane but price wise it is chalk and cheese.

A guess would be Eastern Circuit. Pizza Hut design houses and rubbish all over the place on Google Street View, with prices to match. A bit too risky for my liking. Pity, it's so close to the hospital.

Sorry, I read the question incorrectly. I meant this (Eastern Circuit) is a really bad area. I wouldn't buy here.

I had a look around Albury as well and am feeling a little wary of it. Spoke to the R/E agent who said the rental market was super tight but my research suggest differently. I worry about the really low median of the rougher areas (this would be where I'd be moving into) and the lack of gentrification at the moment. Still thinking on it.

I had a look around Albury as well and am feeling a little wary of it. Spoke to the R/E agent who said the rental market was super tight but my research suggest differently. I worry about the really low median of the rougher areas (this would be where I'd be moving into) and the lack of gentrification at the moment. Still thinking on it.

Gentrification of residential housing in lower socio areas is happening - I've seen it in a few areas where old houses are making way for new, stylish units. One block I looked at had two developments happening. Each development involved knocking down 4 old adjacent houses and developing on the large block which remained. If you're using Google Maps to do some preliminary research, note that the satellite imagery is a fair deal more recent than the street view (Google Van) images.

Hi everyone, I know this is an old thread but did anyone end up investing in Albury? If so how did you find it? Do you like the area? Where abouts and what did you buy?

Hi everyone, I know this is an old thread but did anyone end up investing in Albury? If so how did you find it? Do you like the area? Where abouts and what did you buy?

I second this ^^^^
I'm curious to see what people think of the areas now, as I'm considering going there for a day or two to see if the area is worthwhile for investment.

Every time we drive to Melbourne we will stay in albury manor and take time see the town. Love the area and thought I could get a 3 bedder cottage for PI. But not sure about it. Any one bought an IP there recently?

Low end has moved up significantly in terms of % in the last 12 months,

some of the asking prices are quite high, and some are selling too

I think it will be a steady run from now

I did a little two lot subdivision in North Albury last year so I've got my fingers crossed. Over baked it like all first time developers so a rise in prices would make me feel warm and fussy.
I lived in Albury until July last year also so I know a bit about it. I just happen to be buying my first home in 2003 when the last increase happened. It followed a surge in Sydney prices. I've been waiting patiently for it to get going this time and it looks like it might be just starting. Like I said fingers crossed.
Things to take into account are the new cancer centre under construction at the hospital and a new hotel near the tax building.
Don't forget Wodonga across the border. It is currently getting a CBD reconfiguration due to the train line being moved. It has traditionally been congested and unattractive. I think in 5 years time people will want to move in closer to the main street. Currently you can buy around $200k with in walking distance and get 7% plus rental yield. I'm trying to convince my partner to buy in Wodonga but no good yet :mad:.

Back