Alkimos WA

go to nearmap.com and have a looksie how very isolated the estate is.

i live in Burns and i have to drive everywhere (well, i don't but if i want to get there fast i do).

the shorehaven estate is - to me - the las vegas of WA - a whole lottla nuthin' 'smack-bang' in the middle of nowhere.

timing

That's why I think this ones all about timing if you get in before works start on rail and freeway extensions up there (10 years? maybe - hope your looking longterm :)) then theirs money to be made but in the main I stand by my previous comment to much effort for to little return.....easier money elsewhere.

If you are investing for CG then you need to target areas that are land locked....anything with vacant land around it is over supplied.

IT all comes back to supply & demand.

The out lying areas are cheap for a reason.

Last to attain any benifits of the ripple effect and first to contract in rising interest rates because ppl are mortgage stressed and have to sell up. This creates oversupply even more so asking prices and values reduce to entice a sale.

Hope this helps.

Shorehaven Estate (already being developed by Peet), which is north alkimos is way overpriced IMHO. However they have people camping out over night to buy.....so I must be wrong!. A much better buy is Trinity Estate (already being developed by LWP). This is south alkimos just north of Butler. I thought of buying some land in Trinity as an investment but the thought of camping out for two nights in freezing conditions soon got rid of that urge.
With Shorehaven I think Peet Estates have done a great job of selling the Estate with artists impressions and visualisations of what the Estate may look like when it's finished.The prices are very high and block sizes relatively small. I reckon the best buying in the far northern coastal area is Jindalee. Large block sizes, great sea views (due to land gradient), good swimming beach and surrounding infrastructue already in place.

Back