All in one exterior paint???

Planning to paint a garage soon. The main materials are : timber trim, rendered brick, and tin/aluminium door.
Since I will be painting them all the same colour, it would be cheaper if I could find one type of paint for all 3 materials, rather than 3 seperate tins.

Does any such product exist?? Can I use different primers then the same paint over the top?

Cheers

G'day Dan

Wattyl Solagard would be a good bet. It is self priming, although everything goes on better over a priming coat.

The main difference will be surface preparation.

A K'Archer high pressure water unit would be helpful for the brickwork, and I found mine invaluable for cleaning the roller door, too. The door had about seven layers of paint, and I coated it with paint stripper, then K'Archered it thoroughly. The water pressure lifted all the old paint off - a bit messy, but very effective. I am still to sand back the surface, as the stripper didn't remove all the paint (95%), but if your paint is in good condition you may only have to clean it before repainting.

It is worth discussing this with your local speciality paintshop. I buy most things at Bunnings, but always buy paint from people who deal with trade painters all the time.

Good luck!

Kristine

Back