An investor's 3 best friends?

The problem I have with Pitt's three things is that they ARE all encompassing.

It's like saying the entire world is your best friend. While it may be true, it doesn't assist you much in differentiating where you should focus your relationship-building efforts.

What aspects of time/money/information do you focus on Mark?

My best three investing friends (defining friends as things external to myself):
- My life partner
- My PC
- And right now - my IPO lawyer.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

My best investing friend was and is the concept of "leverage". Although I know this friend could turn out to be my worst enemy if I stuff up the relationships with the other friends mentioned above.. :)

Merovingian said:
No need to do that! :D

Nah, it's just that for as long as I remember, I have heard the term "taxman", and always envisioned a big man in a large black or blue suit that comes to your front door if you don't pay your tax, and he was "the taxman".

Anyway, not to derail this thread any longer... :)

I think of the "Hagar the Horrible Comics" and the taxman that used to visit with the huge axe and wearing the mask..

...sorry

Attachments

• hagar_epee.jpg
    hagar_epee.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 56
Success formula

Success = a Mission + Action + Determination

where a Mission = passion tied to a SMART outcome (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-defined)

and Determination = I must and I will

ren-A said:
Success = a Mission + Action + Determination

where a Mission = passion tied to a SMART outcome (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-defined)

and Determination = I must and I will

I see a flaw in your above mathematical formula.

Between each of your components they need to be Mulitplied (x) , NOT added (+). Reason being, you need ALL 3 components for formula to work.

By having + between them if one component is missing you will still end up with a result.

Hope this makes sense to you.

Cheers

For me the investors' three are:

YOUR PARTNER: We discuss any project, work objectively and research thoroughly together and build the experience together. It would be pretty hard if your partner wasn't involved.
MONEY/EQUITY/CASHFLOW: this enables us to invest and reinvest without it Well it's pretty near impossible.
ACTION: Gut impulse, whatever.....without action it's all is just theory and time, money, information and experience wouldn't be getting you ahead. It would be just dreams.

Timm

Back