Andrea Sutton??

Originally posted by kheaver
Email me privately and I'll give you her phone number.

Regards,
Kim

Hi Kim

Many thanks for the offer. I have sent you a private email, but it would be greatly appreciated if provided me with Andreas details with her knowledge and acceptance.

Or pass Andreas my email address: [email protected]

Cheers
Rob

Good one Sim!

The best advice I ever received was from my Aunt (the wisest person I have ever known) who once said to me:-

The secret to success is saving money. Not because money in the bank makes you successful, but because it enables you to take advantage of those once in a lifetime opportunities that come along every now and again.

She was right!

Today Tonight

Not too long after my story ran in the Oct/Nov API Magazine (Sandstone Success - student accomodation), I got a call from Today Tonight wanting to do a story. Did I?? Not on your life !!!

Jude - good to see you back on board. I'm sorry to hear about the way the reporter turned things around for you, and hope that the don't include that bit in the report. However, don't be surprised if they do. That's exactly the kind of thing I feared would happen if I agreed to a story (Look at this very bad man taking advantage of those poor struggling students ... actually making them pay rent ... Look at how much money he makes from the students ... blah, blah, blah etc etc).

Take lots of care when approached by the media. I have some training in dealing with the media for my job, and there's still no way I'd go near them for a property story. :mad:

Pete Noake
aka Pierre

WOW.....I cant believe the extreme interest that this thread has generated. Thanks everyone for the terrific information and comments on: Andrea Sutton; Niel Jenman; TV/Media.
I would still love to see some personal comments from Andrea herself. Some seem to know her, could you please draw her attention to this thread and let her see that we are interested in her regardless of what TodayTonight said or did?

Re: Today Tonight

Originally posted by Peter Noake
Not too long after my story ran in the Oct/Nov API Magazine (Sandstone Success - student accomodation), I got a call from Today Tonight wanting to do a story. Did I?? Not on your life !!!

Take lots of care when approached by the media. I have some training in dealing with the media for my job, and there's still no way I'd go near them for a property story. :mad:

Sadly agree with you there Pierre (welcome back BTW).

Only people looking to increase their public profile for future use should agree to appear on what is laughably called "current affairs" shows these days. Conflict is drama and drama attracts eyeballs which attract advertisers.

That is the reason there aren't any exclusively feel-good shows on TV. Even the renovation shows need drama to make them compelling.

What future use can a public profile create? Books, seminars, speaking engagements, politics, unrelated business promotion. Then there are rampant megalomaniacs like me ;).

Regards

Paul Zag

Advertising response was great

Originally posted by asy
What was his point?

I can see his point for not having a car (no license), but what was his point for applying for the position. One would assume that "Vehicle essential" implies "license mandatory".

A reliable car means the applicant can service an area. Technically a banned driver willing to hire a limo and driver can do the role. Admittedly it is only a technicality. Either way they didn't get an interview. My staff flushed the enquiry.

Just out of curiosity... Did you fill your positions? How many applicants did you get and of what calibre? (I am interested in recent media claims of "lots of jobs, no-one wants to work)

asy :D

I was interviewing on Thursday and Friday. I have 8 interviews booked for Monday and another 8 throughout next week. (I've got to get my work done some time).

I think the media beat up is mostly crap. There are other reasons people aren't getting enquiries. Could be geographic (but I'm advertising in some "difficult" low socio-economic areas too.

Get this. I normally run an ad in 1-3 local papers and get 5-12 enquiries. Bugger that I thought -- I need people NOW and next year. So I asked Fairfax Community Newspapers what deals they had. For just over double my normal ad spend I got ads in 9 west south and southwest Sydney local papers. I've received about 70 calls this week an will cancel the second week's ads.

I still have about 35 call backs to do. And those remaining people who want an interview will do a cattle call. Their choice of three times where all who show up get the same info.

This is for a distributor role that most callers assume is commission only or with a tiny retainer. No renumeration is mentioned in the ad.

Robert Kiyosaki's influence is out there. These people are looking for something new to do. They are boilermakers and bank tellers and returning mums and and and...

I re-designed my company for next year as a result of the response.

Regards

Paul Zag
Dreamspinner

Last edited:
I've read all the posts above....... and no one has actually answered the original question!!!!!

So.... what little I can remember is offered up (but please don't quote me as my memory is vague)

Andrea Sutton was featured positively in Perth in the local papers many months ago. The articles were similar to the opening text of the TT feature (was this TT's source????????) and added some further details of her methods and point of view.

My understanding is that after buying the first couple of properties, (and holding) the rental income has grown to positive gear over time, and the new equity has been used as a deposit for the next property.

I believe she has a liking for reno's to create extra equity to enable quicker positive gearing, and I think she manages the properties herself, taking the time to do all the work a couple of days a month.

Much more than that.... I can't remember

PS. WELL DONE to anyone who has the foresight to follow a simple buy and hold strategy. She proves it WORKS!!!!

Back