Another TV story on real estate

Hi all,

I guess it is like they say about shares, when everyone is talking about them, it is time to get out!!

Yet another news item about real estate and the current nervousness in the market

http://todaytonight.com.au/stories/458818.html

The main difference between real estate and other investments is we all need somewhere to live.

Macca :)

Hi Macca

Thanks for the article. Type in "property" in the search engine on TT...and 120 articles on property are listed. TT have been raving and ranting on property related topics for a while now... but with articles such as the attached on the rise... i think the enthusiasm or mania is waning... (which is probably a good thing).

http://afr.com/property/2003/01/09/FFXOOCHROAD.html

cheers

Waverly

Thanks for the links folks but this thread will be meaningless when these links die as they do when the articles are archived.

Regards, Mike

That may be true Mike but by then they will have done another story, so we can link to that :D :D :D

Flavour of the month I guess

Macca :)

Point taken, Macca. Just wondering if the story title and date could be included with the link so that after the link has died the story can still be found in the newspaper archive?

Regards, Mike

I think the TT links stay current they just move the link off the front page.

( I think I understand that......it is after 10pm :rolleyes: )

bundy

Hi Macca,

The difference between the stockmarket and the real estate market is 70% of the real estate market is owned by mum and dad and wont be sold if there is global uncertainty, terrorism or a lift in interest rates

Originally posted by just do it
Hi Macca,

The difference between the stockmarket and the real estate market is 70% of the real estate market is owned by mum and dad and wont be sold if there is global uncertainty, terrorism or a lift in interest rates

Those same mums and dads also own shares. Some fall into the savy investor class but most follow like sheep.....if other people buy they buy and if they sell they sell, just because it is a day or two late and the market has changed doesnt matter to them.

Short term buying and selling of either realestate or shares requires a lot of knowledge and a slice of luck.

Long term investing is more about time in the market than perfect timing provided you have chossen carefully. Finetuning is all that is needed then to keep moving ahead not mad paniced sales.

bundy

Back