any body heard about this new mini suburb

What caught my attention was 3000 people in 1500 dwellings.

I know it says there's gonna a few townhouses and apartments, but these numbers only make sense for studio apartments.

Perhaps I missed something...

What caught my attention was 3000 people in 1500 dwellings.

I know it says there's gonna a few townhouses and apartments, but these numbers only make sense for studio apartments.

Perhaps I missed something...

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand your logic?

3000 people in 1500 properties is 2 people per household.

The Australian average of people per household is 2.6, as is Greater Melbourne's.

There'll be a mixture of 1-3 bedroom apartments as well as studios.

I'd also suggest that a studio is only fit for a single person rather than two.

2 bedrooms/ 2 per bed x 3 (8 hour rest periods)

That should have held 18 taxi drivers. It was under-utilised imho ;)

Ha Scotty,that was rough estimate btw....Walked passed when the door was open,there was 5 beds at least in the loungeroom alone...They were coming and going and only needed 2hrs sleep...I suppose they gotta get there relos over here some how....

Do not forget that the target audience for townhouses and studios is mainly Asians. So that should be 5 human beings per 1 bedder studio and 10 per two bedder townhouse, as its common for few Asian families to tie-up and buy a property.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand your logic?

3000 people in 1500 properties is 2 people per household.

The Australian average of people per household is 2.6, as is Greater Melbourne's.

There'll be a mixture of 1-3 bedroom apartments as well as studios.

Hi Jake, What I tried to say is that, without knowing what the distribution amongst townhouses, apartments and studios would be, with an average of let's say 3 to 5 people in a townhouse, 2 to 3 in a 2 bed apt and 1 to 2 in a studio, then this new suburb to have an average of only 2 persons per house hold, it would need to be mostly studios.

Back