Any good graphic designers?

Well, it depends!
You are right.. quality.

I dealt with few overseas designers before. They will either strictly follow your instruction without thinking or completely do the opposite.

We are going to these people because they are professionals. I would rather tell them what I like and let them come up with their own creative ideas.

Here are few questions Richard Feynman asked before talking on a graphic design job.

1) Describe **company name** in a single sentence.

2) List some key words/phrases you associate with **company name**

3) What is unique about **company name**?

4) Who would you describe as your competitors?
:
Etc... etc.. all the way to 8 questions.

You need answers to all these sort of questions to come up with a good logo.

They will either strictly follow your instruction without thinking or completely do the opposite.

This is very subjective and bad generalisation. Why do people have to associate overseas with bad quality?
My experience with some designers and developers both here and overseas has been hit and miss.

perhaps they could all put up some sample work and we could heckle? (i mean offer constructive criticism and review)

This is very subjective and bad generalisation. Why do people have to associate overseas with bad quality?
Associations are made from previous experiences.

True.. my comment is subjective but it is based on previous experiences. Again, it is generalisation but not really a bad generalisation.

There are lots of sites you can outsource the work to for peanuts. You generally get monkeys, but that's ok for a lot of design work. 99designs, elance, fiverr etc are some options. It's only ever an issue if your "designer" steals/plagiarises the work of others.

I'm happy to work with SSers on the stuff that needs a little more though and care.

Back