Any more interviews in the Interviews Forum?

I didn't even realise there's an Interview forum 'till today. Just wondering if there's going to be a more recent one. I really enjoyed reading a couple and looking forward to reading more next time I get the chance.

Cheers

We've asked the same question.... hope we get an answer, as there are so many great investors that we can all learn from in this forum :)

There's no need for more interviews. SS has become a haven for bears who believe the world of property investment is all but dead. Anyone who injects the slightest glimmer of hope about property as an asset class is invariably shouted down as a spruiker. Sometimes I wonder why this forum keeps going. It'd be kinder to shut it down entirely. Or devote it to Gold, Silver, Tree Plantations and Alpaca farms. In the eyes of many recent forumites, property is a hopeless asset that, without exception, is going nowhere fast.

It's not only property, those that are bullish in their views on gold, silver, business or any other form of money making venture are construed as spruikers and burned at the stake.

Even some people who are doing wonderful work in their real life educating others and who unselfishly take the time to post their experiences here are attacked by the insanely jealous little people who have made this forum their home and place of interaction with the world.

In a global financial crisis, this forum must be attracting more of those that have nothing else to do and entertain themselves by bringing other people down.

Only Ocean Architecht can save this now. ;)

It's not only property, those that are bullish in their views on gold, silver, business or any other form of money making venture are construed as spruikers and burned at the stake.

Even some people who are doing wonderful work in their real life educating others and who unselfishly take the time to post their experiences here are attacked by the insanely jealous little people who have made this forum their home and place of interaction with the world.

In a global financial crisis, this forum must be attracting more of those that have nothing else to do and entertain themselves by bringing other people down.

Only Ocean Architecht can save this now. ;)
I'm afraid I haven't read too many of OA's posts yet to proclaim him as our saviour (yet) but I'm happy to be corrected on that note! :p

I do agree however, that this forum has become very mean spirited especially from those who have been around a long time and perhaps should take some "time out" like all naughty children do when they are behaving badly!! :eek:

Once upon a time I thought this thread was a perfect opportunity for individuals who had "made it" (so to speak) to showcase and share their knowledge freely with those happy and receptive enough to listen, but after reading so many unfair accusations and hurtful attacks on a few successful (and decent) people in other threads, I would say interviews are not the way to go in this place, sorry! :(

The problem is that being successful and being a nice person are not mutually exclusive. A few posters on here think they are.

No one on here attacks successful people solely for being successful, its the mean spirited, uncompromising attitude thats the problem. But as often happens alot of people thinks that goes with success or thats the only way they can become successful.......bzzzztttt....wrong!

And lets not kid ourself, we know who we're talking about here.

Once upon a time I thought this thread was a perfect opportunity for individuals who had "made it" (so to speak) to showcase and share their knowledge freely with those happy and receptive enough to listen, but after reading so many unfair accusations and hurtful attacks on a few successful (and decent) people in other threads, I would say interviews are not the way to go in this place, sorry! :(

The problem is that being successful and being a nice person are not mutually exclusive. A few posters on here think they are.

No one on here attacks successful people solely for being successful, its the mean spirited, uncompromising attitude thats the problem. But as often happens alot of people thinks that goes with success or thats the only way they can become successful.......bzzzztttt....wrong!

And lets not kid ourself, we know who we're talking about here.
Yeah well, I think there is as much nastiness (and BS) that goes on in here as it does outside this cyber circus. :eek:

There are plenty in here who sport the notion that if you're supposedly "successful" why loiter around forums, you should be out making and/or spending your copious amounts of money; they forget that albeit having that kind of money allows you many luxuries including the freedom of time on your hands, these "successful" people are still people (aka human) with the same needs and wants as those less "successful" and regardless (of the other people's financial status) enjoy being part of a community (of individuals who come together share their common love of PI).

Maybe we need to remember this and not run them out of town (so-to-speak) without giving them a fair go! Not EVERYONE is good at making themselves clearly understood. I reckon if you ask a question and it's not being answered (to your satisfaction) maybe it would be worth rephrasing or putting it in a less intimidating way?? Then MAYBE who knows, you may actually get an acceptable response!! It's worth a shot don't you think?? ;)

Back