Any one ever purchased a haunted house?

Anyone ever purchased ahaunted house?

Well I tried to avoid pushing my religious beliefs on to others and practice, as Bayview, "peacefully and nicely co-existing with anyone with different beliefs".
Cannot understand those that practice their religion with violence.

I could post threads leading to documentaries on sightings, but I wont, however if you are interested you might look up "Fatima" and sighting which occurred there by hundreds of people.

So all whose best subject was and still is science are you saying ghosts don't exist because of your scientific theories posted on how man was made.

Fleur

Did any one notice I am signing off as Fleur, got sick of upper case, lower case, space etc.

Well I tried to avoid pushing my religious beliefs on to others and practice, as Bayview, "peacefully and nicely co-existing with anyone with different beliefs".
Cannot understand those that practice their religion with violence.

I could post threads leading to documentaries on sightings, but I wont, however if you are interested you might look up "Fatima" and sighting which occurred there by hundreds of people.

So all whose best subject was and still is science are you saying ghosts don't exist because of your scientific theories posted on how man was made.

Fleur

Did any one notice I am signing off as Fleur, got sick of upper case, lower case, space etc.
I am an avid watcher of Ghost Hunters International and Ghost Hunters (thanks to my 12 year old son - it's one of my regular efforts at our bonding) so far, in over several dozen episodes inside haunted houses all over the world, there has never been a single sighting, and these guys do it for a living. the best they can come up with is a sound on the other side of the room from wherever they are, and the odd sensation of being touched.

I have sightings all the time...usually after a few wines. :eek:

I went to bed with Miranda Kerr once, but when I woke up a few hours later with a thickish head, she looked more like Gina R. So, my perception of what I saw was a bit skewed, you could say.

Everyone I've ever come across who has had a "sighting" has been under the influence of something, and needed a Bex and a lie down.

Might be a commonality there.

So, when archaeologists dig up dinosaur bones carbon dated from 400 million years ago, are those particles in another place all that time, and then suddenly there again when the shovel hits them, or are they in another place as well that we can't see, and only decide to fix themselves to that position because we are observing them?

Sorta like the toys on Toy Story - moving all the time until us humans look.

Well, it hurts our old-fashioned logic doesn't it? With the advent of quantum physics many things we take as self-evident are no longer so. They appear to us as paradoxes only because of our worldview (that has served us well since time immemorial) that sees the material world as a separate reality to consciousness.

If you're interested in the subject I suggest you watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d4ugppcRUE

I don't agree with everything said in there but I found it a good, simple summary of the kind of paradigm change that is taking shape. Sorry if it's a bit long (1 hour) but the stunning conclusion at the end makes it worth watching. Now I don't expect anyone to agree with every bit of it right away: being a new paradigm it will take you some time to warm to it. Just don't reject it out of hand, hopefully. :)

There are now courses in consciousness at several universities so it's something that's becoming more and more mainstream. This one is provided online:
http://faculty.virginia.edu/consciousness/home.html

On religion; to become obsessed by a being/entity/higher form - which has never been sighted by any human - to the point where we become less than desirable humans on the planet who judge, kill, ostracise others for their belief in another entity than theirs.....

(I judge - but can still manage to peacefully and nicely co-exist with anyone different when required to without any need for a machete or similar, but I'm a heathen and don't profess to be forgiven/blessed/a better god than yours, and so forth).

I would differentiate between religiosity and spirituality, both to be found in religions.

Religiosity happens when you're fixated with the externalities of a religion without experiencing it in your inner being and therefore making it nothing more than an ideology. It's this type of behaviour that causes intolerance and war.

In contrast IMHO spirituality is a movement towards a higher understanding of life that makes you see yourself and all other creatures as inseparable parts of the whole and therefore it makes you act selflessly. Many people (eg. scientists, artists, humanitarians...) are spiritual without the need to believe in a religion or a higher entity. But many people who believe in God are also very spiritual.

I'd rather be spiritual than religious.

I would differentiate between religiosity and spirituality, both to be found in religions.

Religiosity happens when you're fixated with the externalities of a religion without experiencing it in your inner being and therefore making it nothing more than an ideology. It's this type of behaviour that causes intolerance and war.

In contrast IMHO spirituality is a movement towards a higher understanding of life that makes you see yourself and all other creatures as inseparable parts of the whole and therefore it makes you act selflessly. Many people (eg. scientists, artists, humanitarians...) are spiritual without the need to believe in a religion or a higher entity. But many people who believe in God are also very spiritual.

I'd rather be spiritual than religious.

Sage words sir, sage words ...

Back