Any Surfers on the forum ?

Just wondering if we have any stand up surfers on the forum !

One of my main reason for investing more time in the water !

Just wondering if we have any stand up surfers on the forum !

One of my main reason for investing more time in the water !
Only a sideline surfer these days,but i was down Kirra Point a few days ago
when it was pumping like back in the late 1970's,good to watch..

I KITE surf (but not in the waves) so not really.

But agreed - that is one of my OverArching goals - to be able to kite more (spend more time on the water).

One good thing about being a surfer in Perth CHEAP flights to indo $140 return.

Try to plan 3 trips a year but gets a bit pricy when the family comes who like to stay in 5 star hotels. Then the surf trip turns into a 2hour morning surf before they wke up.

Yam a will need to look that place up and DROP in :D

Husband has always been a keen surfer (came second in state titles for his age ONE year :p).

Up until a few years ago his family had a place in Goolwa SA and the main thing that drove him there was the surf.

Interestingly he still bumps into 'old' surfing locals occasionally when he goes out.

Eldest son took up skateboarding (doing it now for 10 years) and dropped surfing after a visit to Boomer beach where he got dumped x 2, and was lucky to survive - he was standing in knee deep water one second, and gone the next.

I KITE surf (but not in the waves) so not really.

Hubby tried that too - until the wind caught him one day on the beach. Dragged him up over the dunes (thru the shrubbery) and he missed the concrete embankment by mere metres.

Hasn't had the kite up since.

Did hubby have lessons (before or after incident)?

Kiting is one of those sports that things can go wrong quite quickly, and lessons are highly recommended.

Husband going over the sand dunes could of made some money on funniest home videos. If only you had the video running !!

Would of been scary at the time but looking back on it I bet he has a good lol :)

Husband going over the sand dunes could of made some money on funniest home videos. If only you had the video running !!

Would of been scary at the time but looking back on it I bet he has a good lol :)

Now I'm having visions of lizzie running with a video camera, thinking, "IP deposit, IP deposit" :p.

I was there - no video - was more of an 'OH *****' moment ... and thankful that the life insurance was paid up.

He did have lessons beforehand - but wind can be an unpredictable sucker.

Well that's a shame. Kiting is one of the best sports around. Such freedom.

U r right, the wind is un predictable and accidents do happen, but definitely less frequently nowadays.

Had he bought his gear prior to said incident?

Back