I like the other Forum better

To be honest with you I have found another Aussie property investment forum which is more informative.
This one is ok but is there anything wrong with using all of them?

To be honest with you I have found another Aussie property investment forum which is more informative.

I suggest you ask in the Other more informative forum as they will likely have the answer you are seeking.

Would consider another forum, I'm trying to research outer melbourne yet everyone here is staying rather quiet on where to buy!

The problem with "that" forum is there's no discussion, it's more or less spammed pages of bear articles talking about bubbles and whatnot. Haven't been able to find a single thing on Melbourne there either. Whirlpool is less reserved but too many negative dreamers, it's not really a property forum.

A year ago people were happily discussing Richmond, Elwood, Ringwood, Croydon, Chadstone, Balwyn etc, now all you see is Thomastown, Epping, Broadmeadows, Deer Park and Sunshine.. investment in the outer east/se must be non-existent!

You should only gather information from a single source and viewpoint. Looking at all the variables and factors just causes confusion and is an inefficient use of your time.

Are you sure the reason that you like the other forum is because they tell you what you want to hear.

I have noticed on this forum since joining last year that if you have suggested a crap area the professional/ seasoned investors will tell you straight up.

As in one of your threads about lake munmorah on the central coast, you have put an example property on their which I thought probably would have been alright and then someone with experience has given their opinion on why its not really that good, you seem to have got defensive in saying that you know it will be a good investment because your boss said it was.

They were getting to the point of sure it might be an ok investment but its not a great investment compared to the deals you could be getting in another areas.

Are you sure the reason that you like the other forum is because they tell you what you want to hear.

I have noticed on this forum since joining last year that if you have suggested a crap area the professional/ seasoned investors will tell you straight up.

As in one of your threads about lake munmorah on the central coast, you have put an example property on their which I thought probably would have been alright and then someone with experience has given their opinion on why its not really that good, you seem to have got defensive in saying that you know it will be a good investment because your boss said it was.

They were getting to the point of sure it might be an ok investment but its not a great investment compared to the deals you could be getting in another areas.

Agree here.

With the attitude like this:

http://somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1306309&postcount=45

...where it doesn't matter that anyone else's opinion is, what's the point of responding to the thread.

Perhaps this forum's loss is the other one's gain, whichever way we all like to look at it. :rolleyes:

pinkboy

Hi Starofdavid,

Perhaps you could share with us why you like the other forum better?

What type of threads do they have that this place is missing? Is it just the type of members that make it better? Is it more new investor friendly?

There are different forums which cater to different mindsets and approaches to investing. Depending on your background and point of view on certain matters, there might be other forums which suit you better - there's nothing wrong with that.

There's no reason you can't be a member of multiple forums.

You should be aware of the prevailing mindset on some other forums though - there are some forums which are very much full of doom and gloom and negative mindsets.

Some are full of would-be first home buyers complaining about how evil property investors are for driving up property prices.

Some are full of people waiting for the next global property crash so they can tell the greedy investors "see, I told you so".

Some are full of guru groupies who only follow a certain strategy or set of beliefs.

That being said - there are lots of different things people are looking for in a community and no single community can be all things to all people. They all have their niche and their own unique approach to things - and that's okay.

If there wasn't a demand for those other communities, they wouldn't exist - so they must be serving some purpose - even if it is different to our community or in disagreement with our general beliefs about property investing.

We don't have to justify our existence and you shouldn't feel the need to justify being a member here or anywhere else. You find the community which works for you.

Would consider another forum, I'm trying to research outer melbourne yet everyone here is staying rather quiet on where to buy!

The problem with "that" forum is there's no discussion, it's more or less spammed pages of bear articles talking about bubbles and whatnot. Haven't been able to find a single thing on Melbourne there either. Whirlpool is less reserved but too many negative dreamers, it's not really a property forum.

A year ago people were happily discussing Richmond, Elwood, Ringwood, Croydon, Chadstone, Balwyn etc, now all you see is Thomastown, Epping, Broadmeadows, Deer Park and Sunshine.. investment in the outer east/se must be non-existent!

Okay, you should definitely buy in Chadstone. Buy lots and lots of properties there and push the price up. I can name a couple of other suburbs in Melbourne as well. Disclaimer: I own property in Chadstone and the other areas that I'll plug.

Seriously, nobody is going to tell you where to buy, that's for you to figure out. The reason people are now talking about outer suburbs in Melbourne is because the suburbs mentioned last year have now moved up in value to the point where they're unlikely to achieve either good rental yields or good capital growth in the foreseeable future. The outer suburbs are where people believe there is value.

off course you can be a member of as many forums or groups as you want.

You don't need anyone's permission to prefer one over the other.

Most of your education will come from your own research, your own experience and forming your own ideas - people's opinions only have entertainment value.

Back