Any video gamers here? Xbox, Wii etc

My brother did a bad thing 2 days ago. He bought Rock Band for our Nintendo Wii. My work productivity has dropped 80% in the past two days - talk about addictive. :eek:

Has anyone played it?

I got the man an Xbox 360 for Xmas, well I did a bit of a Homer Simpson as I wanted one myself so its win win for both of us :D
Will have to control myself as far as how much time I spend playing :eek:

Have to say though, the Wii is something unique with its interactive games and various controllers.

I know exactly what you're saying!!!

In high school I used to play video games way too much and promised myself never to touch them again... Recently I played my brother-in-laws x-box, a game called "call of duty 3" and guitar hero.. before I knew it, it was 3am and felt like I was turning epileptic :D

I have always some form of gamer unit, either Nintendo, Playstation etc...

Brought an Xbox 360 about 1 year ago, got hooked play for hours, first few night was up till 2,3,5am!! :cool:

The best thing about the new unit Xbox 360 PS3 is the on-line multiplater games, If you think playing the game itself is great what till you koo it up to the internet and play with millions of people world wide at one time.

Only costs $10 a month for a basic Microsoft Live and fast internet.

When I got Halo 3 was the best!! ear piece and all.....

Fast forward to now.........ZZZZZZZZZ,........over it......looks good below the TV, people who come over think I'm cool and must be loaded.:p

Im the type to buy a new console to play 1 game but dont really have time and am not that interested in them anymore,

I bought the 360 to play Oblivion, an amazing game

and the wii to play Zelda, this one used to be good but has gone all 'kiddy' on us as of recent years.
I was at the midnight launch for that one! . . felt like SUCH a nerd..

I bought an xbox360 to play Gears of War with my girlfriend. That has stretched into Army of Two, Fable 2, Gears of War 2 and Rainbow Six. :D

i bought the xbox360 for GTA-4 (grand theft auto 4).... played many many hours of that!
Just bought Fifa09 for the xbox... and im totally hooked to that! Such as awesome game!
Playing online is mad fun - you can keep having rematches and yell at each other with the headsets.
I was playing a pom the other night, he kept beating me, but it was just mad fun yelling abuse at him over the headset.

I also have a Wii, which was bought for parties really. Its awesome fun to get drunk, play bowling and tennis, and mario kart. Everyone can get into wii.

Other half has been eaten alive by Fallout 3. I just bought him an exercise bike on request, so he's up until 5am every day pedalling and playing :rolleyes:

Silly man, everyone else in this house gets up at 7 ... 7:30 ... 8 ... so he gets woken up 3 times in a row just after going to bed!

My kids are 3 and 5, and I'm planning on avoiding any sort of gaming machine as long as possible! (Horrible mother I know :D)..I spend enough time dragging them away from the box without having to contend with games as well...

I know plenty of people whose 7y.o kids sit glued to the screen playing games for hours and hours..cant be good!

Not only that, I know if we got one, the other half would become as addicted as the kids!

Have had some great (boozey) nights playing Songstar (I think its called) with friends - word of warning tho - never let a person with a video camera in when these sort of games are being played..leads to great embarrassment in the morning...:eek:

Nadia

The 360 costs under $400 now with 4 games :p

Maybe so, but when all your friends are still at uni driving an 85' Corrolla and still drinking woodstock $400 is a lot of money to them. ;)

Not everone is as cashed up as people on SS

No to mention the $60 a month Internet connection for high speed multiplayer sessions.

Most of my mates still have a Ninteno 64 and think Mario Kart and Goldeneye are the bomb!

I play them all!! I have owned over the years:

Sega Master System
Amiga 600HD
Various PC's
Sega Game Gear
Super Nintendo
Game Boy
Nintendo 64
Play Station 2
Nintendo DS
Xbox 360
Wii

I only invest so i can one day have all this passive income from rental coming in to support my living expenses while i sit on my **** and play the latest installment of Zelda.

Last edited:
Other half has been eaten alive by Fallout 3. I just bought him an exercise bike on request, so he's up until 5am every day pedalling and playing :rolleyes:

HaHa I did this to, I spend an hour a day riding and playing and have lost 4 kilos in the last 2 months without changing my eating habits.

I'm a complete video game junky, my wife wouldn't let me buy a Xbox 360 so I went out and bought a $4k lcd tv which came with a free Playstation 3.

I currently have 3 systems as we bought the kids a WII for Xmas and I also have an original Xbox with a 120 gig hard drive and 20 odd games (which is for sale if anyone is interested hint hint, pm me)

Pablo.

Here is a positive story about gaming!

My son has been obsessed with gaming for many years and barely leaves his room as he is ALWAYS on the computer - he is 20 now and still loves Warcraft and Diablo (I was also addicted to this game when it first came out and sitting up until the early hours wondering where the time had gone)

Here is the good bit, he got on to Guitar Hero which meant he got to hear and enjoy the 'olden day' rock music of our generation. previously goth metal and heavy metal was all he listened to. He became quite good at the game so for his birthday in July I bought him a cool black and red funky shaped guitar (with a mini me amp from the op shop costing $25 but bloody good for the money)
It is now December and he still plays every day and is getting really good - he does a great job of Marilyn Mansons version of 'Sweet dreams'.

So he may still not come out of his room much but at least something productive is happening up there - Kissfan you would be impressed!

Last edited:
Gamers.

My first gamer machine was an Amstrad CPC 6128 and the space trading / vector driven game Elite with real physics. Now that was revolutionary game which would beep Johann Strauss's Blue Danube at you while trying to dock at space stations.... (straight outta 2001 Space Odyssey.

Best game ever was on demons Winter on the C64 Ansi graphics with more beeping :) as you slay text / ansi dragons.

The memories....

Back