Anyone Attend Dymphna Boholt Seminar in Sydney

Hi everyone

I understand a seminar was held in Sydney over the weekend where DH was going to provide her spin on the next capital city that is set to boom and make investors RICH in the next 24-26 months.

I am not a follower, however I would be very keen to hear from those who attended and what she had to say.

My guess is Sydney

Cheers
MTR

Here's my post on the Dymphna thread- http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81321&page=4

I attended Dymphna's 1 day seminar today until the lunch time break. I have a very basic understanding of PI and I found it was moderately helpful in the sense it got me to think about future goals, positive cash flow, common mistakes people make, asset protection, linking in with other property investors etc.

Towards the 12-1:30pm timeslot she had one of her students come on stage and give a testimonial and pretty much it was selling from this point onwards about her bootcamp and DVD/books. Dymphna mentioned some macro/micro trends analysis for the session after lunch, decided to leg it.

If anyone wants more in depth details about any of it feel free to let me know!

The best thing I got out of going to her seminar was actually googling her name in the morning and finding this forum Looks like there's ton of great info here!

Yes I attended her Seminar in Sydney yesterday.

DB is predicting that Brisbane will be the next place to go off. Her proviso is that you have to use "grid variance " a tool that she has designed to isolate the specific areas (in Brisbane) that will grow.

I just subscribed to this forum this morning so I'm not au fait with how to work this site (unable to copy and paste relevant bits) but I saw another post today with people's predictions for Brisbane.

Like the other poster,ZOMG, I found this forum when I googled DB. I did not sign up to her course but was very tempted. I was sure that I would be able to find info I needed on line. I have bought and sold about 8 properties in my life so I think I most need a strategist and someone who is an expert in SMS Funds. Leads are welcome.

Oh I just discovered the "preview post" button that allows me to look back - very helpful.

DB is predicting that Brisbane will be the next place to go off. Her proviso is that you have to use "grid variance " a tool that she has designed to isolate the specific areas (in Brisbane) that will grow.

interesting. can see some logic in it - it's been flat for a long time and is a resources economy in its own right but probably has more energy exposure than the other resource cities

Variable grid analysis

Has anyone heard of "variable grid analysis" or "Grid Variance Analysis" as used in area selection for property hot spots? I am interested in using it.

I am brand new today and can't fathom out how to start a post with this question so I would be grateful if someone reading this would.

Has anyone heard of "variable grid analysis" or "Grid Variance Analysis" as used in area selection for property hot spots? I am interested in using it.

I am brand new today and can't fathom out how to start a post with this question so I would be grateful if someone reading this would.

Never heard of it, I don't think you need it, just read some of the posts, in particular Syd, very hot.

LOL - they are always dreaming up something to flog. Probably involves looking at suburbs that have lagged against their long term averages. Looking at the perth tables last weekend there are some suburbs screaming out for a buy... think Dalkeith was one of them

The grid analysis program apparently was valued at $3000 lol...anyway I digress.

I found the asset protection section quite interesting, not sure if it was overkill though. Dymphna suggested that for each IP, to have a new company that would be the trustee of a ________ (discretionary, unit, hybrid etc) trust. Would cost quite a bit just setting those companies up I'd imagine.

The grid analysis program apparently was valued at $3000 lol...anyway I digress.

I found the asset protection section quite interesting, not sure if it was overkill though. Dymphna suggested that for each IP, to have a new company that would be the trustee of a ________ (discretionary, unit, hybrid etc) trust. Would cost quite a bit just setting those companies up I'd imagine.
It's not so much cost, but potentially overkill.

As is being discussed in another thread, trusts may well not be necessary at all. Or they may be a huge advantage. And the trustee structure requirements would also vary according to circumstances.

For me a trust has been a very worthwhile thing. But that is not to say that it will be for anybody else- or even for me in the future with changed circumstances.

I have a grid analysis program,

get a map, draw a grid on it,

get a dart, and throw it at it

there you go, where it lands is where it may boom.....and its free with a set of steak knives

I went for her 1 day seminar and ended up signing up for the ultimate program for $6k. I'm extremely new to property investment and I definitely need the education. I honestly don't have the funds to invest now but next year, it's something I want to do and I am going to use Dymphna's resources to hopefully learn enough by then.

I've been in business for many years so I was weary of the seminar/sale strategy but for Dympy, I felt safe enough to give it a crack as there was a fair guarantee.

So about 10 days have passed and I haven't received the mail package with the dvds/cds/etc yet but got my login recently and have been looking at it. The forum is somewhat dead in my opinion, however it wouldn't have the member count of a free forum (like this), so maybe the numbers are decent.

Heaps of downloads on the website and listened to a few... they are alright. I can tell it's not full of ***** so I'm satisfied with it. Dymps has definitely collected a lot of recordings over time and they're available to listen to, so a lot of info to learn from.

Will post back later to see if it was worth it or not... you might find me praising it or cursing it on my wasted money.

Steve KEEN or an economist could probably explain it

I went for her 1 day seminar and ended up signing up for the ultimate program for $6k. I'm extremely new to property investment and I definitely need the education. I honestly don't have the funds to invest now but next year, it's something I want to do and I am going to use Dymphna's resources to hopefully learn enough by then.

I've been in business for many years so I was weary of the seminar/sale strategy but for Dympy, I felt safe enough to give it a crack as there was a fair guarantee.

So about 10 days have passed and I haven't received the mail package with the dvds/cds/etc yet but got my login recently and have been looking at it. The forum is somewhat dead in my opinion, however it wouldn't have the member count of a free forum (like this), so maybe the numbers are decent.

Heaps of downloads on the website and listened to a few... they are alright. I can tell it's not full of ***** so I'm satisfied with it. Dymps has definitely collected a lot of recordings over time and they're available to listen to, so a lot of info to learn from.

Will post back later to see if it was worth it or not... you might find me praising it or cursing it on my wasted money.

Shame you spent $6000, not the end of the world , however you keep following SS and you will learn much more and will not have to put hand in pocket..........its free:)

Shame you spent $6000, not the end of the world , however you keep following SS and you will learn much more and will not have to put hand in pocket..........its free:)

Agreed $6k is a very large amount especially when you say that you aren't in a position to buy. Spending $6k doesn't help you get there quicker :)

But I guess as mentioned above the $6k got you here :)

My advice (for what it is worth???;)) would be to spend a few hundred on books and time on forums such as this. Attend the free seminars without the up-sell and speak to others who have done and/or in the process of doing what ever it is you want to achieve. At the end of the day nothing beats real world experience and perhaps the 6k spent will motivate you to take some steps towards your goals. All the best in your property journey and remember there are sharks swimming around out there but at the same time there are people who know their stuff and are genuinely there to lend a helping hand. All the best.

I did her course in 07. Motivated me to get investing for real and make it easier to find the right properties. Motivated by her course I bought 5 properties in 3 months. Could I have done it on my own? Maybe, but I've made the 3.5k back many times over so it was worth it for me.

Thanks MTR, yeah I suppose it is a lot but education is just one part of it. The network of other investors and professionals that are used would be handy as I've been in business for a few years and definitely appreciate the value of a good network of people.

Agreed $6k is a very large amount especially when you say that you aren't in a position to buy. Spending $6k doesn't help you get there quicker :)

But I guess as mentioned above the $6k got you here :)
Brady - agreed! It's got me pumped just listening to her stuff. Not pumped enough to buy but it's a start! Got a long way to go as there is a lot on her site.

Back