Anyone been following this story

Fifth,
That was a joke:)....OK, so you are born a psychopath?????
I read that he was very talented artist, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess

The worst part is I've now got to get rid of my Rolf Tatt.
my tatt.jpg

Fifth,
That was a joke:)....OK, so you are born a psychopath?????
I read that he was very talented artist, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess

Psychopathy likely results from a combination of nature and nurture but is clearly established by adulthood. Grown adults don't just 'become' psychopaths. Hitler was in his 30s when he became leader of the Nazi Party.

He may have been a talented artist but a successful one he was not.

What is it with people making up facts on this forum and then saying 'I was joking'?

.Fence

The joke I was referring to was that I stated Adolf Hitler suddenly became psychopath as an adult, THAT WAS THE INTENDED JOKE of course that is not possible, are you kidding me.. Calling All Shrinks....101.... I thought it was funny:)

As far as his art goes I was not referring to this as a joke so if you read it this way, that's your interpretation and perhaps my poor/English writing skills. I read about this somewhere on the internet so shoot me.

Last edited:
Ausprop

MrsD
Oh no........don't mention Da Vinci and RH in the same sentence, one was a genius artist, sculpture, inventor and the other well...........

Genius artist and sculptor who had REALLY unsavoury sexual preferences and who "experimented" with corpses all in the name of art & science. He did what Rolf did and much worse, but at the time, those actions were not crimes. He did however commit plenty of acts that were crimes at the time

RH - broke the laws of today, in the same way that Da Vinci broke the laws of his time.

History dulls the unpleasant so only the successes and breakthroughs shine through. If Da Vinci was judged under the prevailing moral zeitgeist of today he would be locked up and the key thrown away.

Genius artist and sculptor who had REALLY unsavoury sexual preferences and who "experimented" with corpses all in the name of art & science. He did what Rolf did and much worse, but at the time, those actions were not crimes. He did however commit plenty of acts that were crimes at the time.

Source? (10 char)

Exactly source???? oh that's right I think he may be locked up today for homosexual tendencies.... right:rolleyes:

Exactly source????

To quote MTR - "I read it somewhere on the internet"

And no nothing about being gay even tho' he was accused of sodomy which was punishable by death at the time. The likelihood was he was bisexual and sexually active from a young age.(source Michael White, (1999), "Leonardo da Vinci: The First Scientist") Along with the mores of the time, certain acts that would be illegal today would not have been at the time

Marriage age for girls at the time - 14, today - child abuse

Other crimes - grave robbing and illegal dissection of cadavers http://www.artcrimearchive.org/article?id=88001

The point I am making is that the actions of the artist have no bearing on the quality of the art and the prevailing social and moral mores have no bearing on the output of the artist.

Do i think RH is a genius - no, DO I think he can paint - Yes
So other people think he can paint - Yes, if you have a spare $225k lying around you can buy an original - yes even today and no his prices aren't dropping

I don't agree with the he is old and frail so his sentence should be reduced, I think it should be immediate so that he gets as much of his punishment he can afford to

A possibly morbid view to some

Mrsd,

I would buy as many of RH originals that you can secure, timing is perfect, I expect to see plenty of these selling on gumtree. :)

MTR

I don't agree with the he is old and frail so his sentence should be reduced, I think it should be immediate so that he gets as much of his punishment he can afford to

Be interesting to see what he does get, maximum is 2 years for each conviction. I doubt he will get this, perhaps 1 year?? We will know this Friday when he is sentenced.

Be interesting to see what he does get, maximum is 2 years for each conviction. I doubt he will get this, perhaps 1 year?? We will know this Friday when he is sentenced.

Even if he gets 10 years, chances are he won't live until 94 so essentially anything more ether the years is life

Disturbing stuff

So other people think he can paint - Yes, if you have a spare $225k lying around you can buy an original - yes even today and no his prices aren't dropping

I seriously doubt that. Next time you see one of his paintings go for more than the price of canvas/labour be sure to bump this and let us know.

Even if he gets 10 years, chances are he won't live until 94 so essentially anything more ether the years is life

Disturbing stuff

I guess his personal assets are now on the line, his victims can go for this?? Not sure how this works, but they deserve compensation, his worth an estimated 11 million pounds.

I agree to a degree. Why should he get a lesser sentence because he got away with it for so many years than if he was caught as a younger man and sentenced.

Disturbing stuff
This is quite true however. A life sentence for molestering? The punishment must fit the crime. I hope he gets a few years (2-3) at least.

I seriously doubt that. Next time you see one of his paintings go for more than the price of canvas/labour be sure to bump this and let us know.
I told my secretary today I wanted to buy a Rolf Harris original cheap if I can.
She asked why would I want a painting by a pedo in my house. I said I would happily have a painting by Paul Gauguin if I could.

I guess his personal assets are now on the line, his victims can go for this?? Not sure how this works, but they deserve compensation, his worth an estimated 11 million pounds.
Sue for compo and execute against assets. It will be a first in first served case I reckon given the numbers.

Last edited:
.Fence

The joke I was referring to was that I stated Adolf Hitler suddenly became psychopath as an adult, THAT WAS THE INTENDED JOKE of course that is not possible, are you kidding me.. Calling All Shrinks....101.... I thought it was funny:)

As far as his art goes I was not referring to this as a joke so if you read it this way, that's your interpretation and perhaps my poor/English writing skills. I read about this somewhere on the internet so shoot me.

You talkin' to me or Fifth...?

And geeze, talk about laying the boot in on RH.
Ye who has not sinned etc etc....:rolleyes:

And geeze, talk about laying the boot in on RH.
Ye who has not sinned etc etc....:rolleyes:

Im all for rehabilitating people. I can feel some sorry for most criminals because you never know what circumstances in their life led them down that path.

Rock spiders get nothing from me.

This is the primary motive for most fabricated abuse claims. Probably not the case here but certainly a motivator in what has become a big problem for many men who are unable to defend themselves.

Back