Anyone else looking in Perth at the moment?

Part of a cost cutting exercise at the time I believe. The funds allocated to housing were needed elsewhere.

This deal should alleviate some of the pressure then :D

Fortescue Metals Group breaks China impasse

ANDREW Forrest's Fortescue Metals Group has delivered another blow to the ailing benchmark iron ore pricing system.

It is offering to sell the commodity at the lowest price negotiated this year in return for $US6 billion ($7.3bn) of cheap funding from China.

Fortescue yesterday said it had agreed to a 35 per cent cut in iron ore fines prices, provided Chinese banks could finalise terms to lend Fortescue $US5.5bn to $US6bn

deals like this happen every day.

BOC lends FMG $USD6bil for a marginal interest rate in return for a 35% cut in THEIR price of ore.

it's a one contract deal and i highly doubt BHP or RIO will bow to this because they are in a better financial position.

it's what happens when Aussie Banks won't fund Aussie Companies.

voteconfidence

images

The case for confidence.
Life's pretty good over here in W.A. While the rest of the world is running around like a bunch of headless chooks caught up in recession fever, West Australians are busy getting on with the job of making this state a top-notch place to live.

Everywhere you turn, you'll find confidence. It's in the people. It's in the economy. And no, that's not lavender in the air, that's confidence and a can-do attitude.

In the last few months, surveys have shown that consumer confidence is back to where it was before the global economy went kerplunk. Just take a look at how we're spending our hard-earned cash. Between April and May 2009, retail purchases were up 3.4%* and car sales up 3%*. And according to 59%** of people surveyed, current buying conditions are positive. In fact, property developers are planning on expanding retail businesses over the next five years***. Not bad considering we're supposed to be in the midst of a global financial thingamaggiga.

Anyone got any idea who or what organisation is behind this ?
The ads in the paper and on the tv give no indication.
It doesn't seem to be politically motivated, so I assumed it was our local chamber of commerce or something similar.
A great campaign, none the less. A bit of confidence in our economy will go a long way to keep consumers spending and money flowing.
Just a pity Big Kev isn't still around to sell it.
:DI'm Excited:D

Just keeping the Perth topic going, I love reading the opinions of the locals on the forum here. I'm hoping to buy IP#1 in Perth in the next 6-12 months…

Am thinking of $350-$450K 1 or 2 bedder within 5km of city, prob unit in a small block, maybe small villa, low strata fees… hopefully not too old (for depreciation).

At this point I prefer established suburbs because this will be our first IP and we need to build soome confidence. I'd like to stick to what we know and I know the 5km city radius pretty well and want to manage the property myself… I'm not expecting stellar yields but hope that we wouldnt be far off CF+ with some depreciation help.

Thinking Como, South Perth, Vic Pk, Mount Lawley, West Perth, North Perth, Leederville, Wembley

Thoughts? Preferences?

All opinions valued :)

Just keeping the Perth topic going, I love reading the opinions of the locals on the forum here. I'm hoping to buy IP#1 in Perth in the next 6-12 months…

Am thinking of $350-$450K 1 or 2 bedder within 5km of city, prob unit in a small block, maybe small villa, low strata fees… hopefully not too old (for depreciation).

At this point I prefer established suburbs because this will be our first IP and we need to build soome confidence. I'd like to stick to what we know and I know the 5km city radius pretty well and want to manage the property myself… I'm not expecting stellar yields but hope that we wouldnt be far off CF+ with some depreciation help.

Thinking Como, South Perth, Vic Pk, Mount Lawley, West Perth, North Perth, Leederville, Wembley

Thoughts? Preferences?

All opinions valued :)

I have to confess my bias, I live in East Perth, and even the same block as this one, probably not for much longer, but if you can negotiate a good price on this, you would be close to CF+.

http://www.aussiehome.com.au/property.aspx?pid=191535

It's a two bed + study, 2 bath, 2 storey apartment. We bought ours in march this year for 440k. I expect it would rent for 450+. Great area, it's in a group of about 60 with a pool, strata fees are relatively low.

It's the worst block in the best street in Perth! Surrounding props are all million dollars+ Again, completely objective here :)

I'm not paying for pools, or gyms or anything similar in nature :rolleyes:

I know East Perth has some of the best yields but its unitland as far as I can see, and units being such a commodity i'm not sure about the capital growth prospects vs other areas.

Yes, have read a few comments about West Perth and growth - care to elaborate? Its not exactly a hidden secret... but high on my list

Cheers, Sam

I'm not paying for pools, or gyms or anything similar in nature :rolleyes:

I know East Perth has some of the best yields but its unitland as far as I can see, and units being such a commodity i'm not sure about the capital growth prospects vs other areas.

Yes, have read a few comments about West Perth and growth - care to elaborate? Its not exactly a hidden secret... but high on my list

Cheers, Sam

Fair enough, I would rather live here than invest here for sure. However will definately be keeping this little gold nugget when we move on to something bigger. It's been a star performer and will attract a premium rent.

I think if you stay north of the trots and wellington st and don't get down into Adelaide Tce or Hay St, East Perth is not Unitland at all. There are some very high quality units, but it is also alot of very expensive housing and townhouses. It's quite a unique area in my opinion, there's nothing quite like it in Perth. This is what I think will drive growth in the area.

Something else to consider is the Riverside development being done down by the causeway at the end of Hay st.

Back