Anyone from Sunshine Coast???

Are there any users on the board who reside on the Sunshine Coast?

I am keen to meet up with like-minded people, to increase my knowledge of investing and how to finance IP's properly, set it up correctly for taxation etc.

Hi anthonykirby

Yep I am a sunny coast resident. Seems to be quite a few of us on SS. I have mentioned a meet up before but got not takers, so I guess they might be a bit shy.

Count me in for a chit chat about property.

Where abouts are you?? PM me those details if you want.

Sunshine

Hi Sunshine, we're not there yet, but are still on track for our next IP purchase around the Caloundra to Currimundi areas.

Thanks for your previous emails by the way; much appreciated!! :) If you're ever in Brissy on a Friday night, you could catch us at the Loganholme Coffee Club where we play music (see website for dates).

Will keep in contact.....;)

After what I constantly read on here each day; the question should be are there any forumites who are not from QLD.
Sheesh!

Come down and live in the rain and the cold like the rest of us.

Pack of Soft Options.

Hi Guys
I also live on the Sunshine Coast but work in PNG (4 weeks on & 4 off). Maybe post in meeting point if there is something on?
Cheers
Steve

So did you ever end up starting a Sunny Coast Club?

We're moving across the island end of year. Can you locals recommend what I should be looking into before moving over to prepare ourselves for QLD living? Have a brother in Buderim & prefer to live there (been there before, inlaws lived there previously).

This is our current research :
- PPOR Buderim / surrounds, preferably acreage, haven't had neighbours for over 10 years. Up to $600K but I want to do up a dog box or actually prefer to rent, bunk in with brother for a while & buy another IP
- schools (will be 4 & 6yo)
- sports / social clubs (rugby, netball, martial arts, gymnastics, dance)
- music lessons for children

Can you recommend a real estate agent or buyers agent for the area? I couldn't imagine us living long term in the first property we buy if it's PPOR so would look at it from an investment point of view. I don't like agents who do the big sell. I just need a human to talk to.

I'm also converting from being a NSW State of Origin supporter to a QLDa so need to find a new local team aswell. My QLD friends tell me this is unacceptable but how am I to make friends walking around with a blue jersey on over there?!;)

Yep, we have a lovely group of SSers who meet up regularly.

Loads of blue jerseys up here Kath .;)

I have sent you my details. Happy to help with your questions.

Sunshine

So did you ever end up starting a Sunny Coast Club?

We're moving across the island end of year. Can you locals recommend what I should be looking into before moving over to prepare ourselves for QLD living? Have a brother in Buderim & prefer to live there (been there before, inlaws lived there previously).

This is our current research :
- PPOR Buderim / surrounds, preferably acreage, haven't had neighbours for over 10 years. Up to $600K but I want to do up a dog box or actually prefer to rent, bunk in with brother for a while & buy another IP
- schools (will be 4 & 6yo)
- sports / social clubs (rugby, netball, martial arts, gymnastics, dance)
- music lessons for children

Can you recommend a real estate agent or buyers agent for the area? I couldn't imagine us living long term in the first property we buy if it's PPOR so would look at it from an investment point of view. I don't like agents who do the big sell. I just need a human to talk to.

I'm also converting from being a NSW State of Origin supporter to a QLDa so need to find a new local team aswell. My QLD friends tell me this is unacceptable but how am I to make friends walking around with a blue jersey on over there?!;)

Yep, I am in Buderim. I wouldn't think that acreage can be bought for your price range though. There is not much left on the mountain at all, and if there is, it is pretty exe.

Your brother should be able to give you rundown on area.

Have all facilities which you are looking for.

Hopefully Sunshine can help you out with agents, as I don't have any props on coast. Just PPOR.

I have recently been to a couple of the Sunshine Coast catch ups, and they are pretty good. Always something to talk about. Look forward to next one. Good people. Nice and relaxed setting.

With regards to your rather serious question on the colour of your jersey, you can:

1. quietly change to a maroon, and don't tell us your roots, or
2. if Qld ever lose another Origin game (doubtful, but used the word if), don't talk to us for a good week. We don't want to know.:)

Cheers,

F

:) Cheers Fudge. LOL rugby.............

Bro is very helpful, but doesn't have kids so don't really ask him about schooling or children's activities. We'll probably live with him for a few weeks, rent or find PPOR & turn into IP and keep upgrading 'til we find 'the one'. Still, plans change & we're still planning........

Thanks again.

Back