anyone have an idea for a birthday present for a 50 yr old male

anyone have an idea for a birthday present for a 50 yr old male
a cd perhaps any suggestions

any other suggestions.

i think he has everything so i thought a cd might be nice.

its not a lover so keep it clean!

Francine.

A bit of whatever he likes to drink, bottle of scotch, or a nice "different" liqueur.

My hubby is 49 and recently I organised for him to have a facial. If you had told me even a month ago that he would EVER, EVER agree to having facial I would have laughed you out of the room. I reckoned he would have been hiding his head inside his armpit on the way in the salon :D.

Maybe get him a voucher for a facial, and watch him squirm :p.

I always like to get undies and socks cos I never get around to going shopping for them myself. You know there is no greater pleasure in life than wearing a new pair of undies that have elastic in them that does not let you down.

A CD is good if you know what he would like.

Have you heard the new one from this years aria award winner Geoffrey Guramal Yunupingu (spelling)

Absolutely mesmerising.:)

Depends on how good a friend as to how much you want to pay but some ideas:

I saw in Australia Post they have gift vouchers for things like the Gold (loungechair) seating at Greater Union (?) theatres; Bunnings Vouchers, General movie passes etc. I plan to buy myself a Gold seat to see 'Australia' when it is released. Very very comfortable and only 30 people in the cinema with food and drinks service.

Unless you know what they like a CD is a tad risky. How about an engraved pen?

We are going to a 50th tonight! And I bought a redballoon gift voucher from the Internet, which he can exchange for things like 'experiences' - massages, extreme sports etc.

i'd go for a gift certificate or something that can be used up (and repeated next year), rather than try and guess what he might like.

hubby always looks forward to the full hour massage voucher i get him each birthday. a bunning gift cert is a great idea, or maybe borders bookstore (then he can buy his own cd/books). socks and undies might be a bit personal depending on your relationship. the alcohol idea is great - except that my uncle received about 10 large bottles of scotch on his 70th birthday! a magazine subscription to something they enjoy is great as it keeps going all year (and you buy them a copy of the current mag to put the gift cert in).

gift ideas for a guys 50th

thanks. lots of great ideas there.

they can afford anything and i cant.

if i would just give a card they would understand.

i'll see what i'll do but thanks for the information its been very helpful.

my daughter also has trouble knowing what to buy her boyfriend who also can buy himself anything. so these ideas are really useful.

Francine.

A trip around the race track in one of the Indy cars, or V8's or whatever they allow you to go in, with one of their drivers.

Apparently it's a real buzz.

A trip around the race track in one of the Indy cars, or V8's or whatever they allow you to go in, with one of their drivers.

Apparently it's a real buzz.

I got one of these (through Westpac altitude rewards) for my son on his 18th birthday. That was a year ago; they only hold them every few months. The first one got cancelled so it was rebooked, then the second one got cancelled:mad: So we got the "money" back! A shame, he would have loved it.

Go to a coin or stamp shop and get either coinage or stamps from his year of birth. Doesn't have to cost a ton but they know you've put some thought into it

Actually, this reminds me of when hubby had a copy of the front page of the newspaper from the day of his birth (for somebody from his work) and bought a Crazy Clark el cheap (but doesn't look cheap) frame. I had forgotten about it, but that is a nice thing to hang on the wall (as long as something yucky didn't happen that particular day :eek:).

that reminds me - i've sent hubby on a tandem hang glider flight and a dogfight in a tiger moth. he threw me out of a plane.

all were a real thrill.

I believe some of our most successful long lasting businesses are now also issuing gift cards.

Just pick and make the date.:p

Otherwise maybe a Jump @ Skydive The Beach :D

I think a nice bottle of something is good present (spirits or wine). You can get away with it relatively cheaply ($20-50) and who doesn't like to receive alcohol as a present?

Back