Anyone help with R15 interpretation?

Hi everyone
Got a 880m2 block with R15 coding. My interpretation of resi planning codes is that we can build a single dwelling or grouped dwelling. However the minimum site area for grouped dwelling is 580m2 so therefore even with a 10% reduction in minimum site area, we can't fit two dwellings on 880m2? Why allocate a R15 to the block then? Or can we build a grouped dwelling and not subdivide or strata title? Any replies would be greatly appreciated, cheers guys..

Hi everyone
Got a 880m2 block with R15 coding. My interpretation of resi planning codes is that we can build a single dwelling or grouped dwelling.

Why do you think you can build a grouped dwelling on 880sqm? Unless there's something special in the local planning schemes then its not normally enough to build more than one dwelling.

Hi everyone
Got a 880m2 block with R15 coding. My interpretation of resi planning codes is that we can build a single dwelling or grouped dwelling. However the minimum site area for grouped dwelling is 580m2 so therefore even with a 10% reduction in minimum site area, we can't fit two dwellings on 880m2? Why allocate a R15 to the block then? Or can we build a grouped dwelling and not subdivide or strata title? Any replies would be greatly appreciated, cheers guys..

10,000sqm / R15 = 666sqm minimum size per dwelling, ie you can fit one dwelling. It isnt "allocated" anything, every block in WA has an R code.

Apply to have it changed to R25 then you might be able to do 2 dwellings :p

Hi everyone

r15is applied to areas where councils don't want grouped dwellings unless the land is off substantial size. It is similar with r20 its basically single dwelling territory.

There are many blocks that were devised and made the sizes that they are before the Rhodes came in so they are bigger than the minimum size needed for the current r codes.

If you have 880sqm with a r15 zone then it is only enough for a single dwelling - you could put a granny flat on it if you want extra yield and rent it out too.

Thanks everyone, appreciate that, the main idea is to build our PPOR but was just checking all options. Like the granny flat idea Westminster!

Back