Anyone interested in property in Thailand?

Message from James Lane

I am pretty sure I promised to send this to you as with others I promised who had left private messages for me. I DO NOT SPAM.

Kindest regards

James

James Lane said:
I am pretty sure I promised to send this to you as with others I promised who had left private messages for me. I DO NOT SPAM.

James,

If you want to convince people to buy from you you need to address this type of issue by considering their POV rather than focusing on your own.

Could be a cultural thing.

Just quietly - this post is pretty poor in terms of educating the buyer of the pros and cons of buying property in Thailand. It's really a lazy effort by Jamie boy to flog property to unsuspecting buyers.

grubar30 said:
Just quietly - this post is pretty poor in terms of educating the buyer of the pros and cons of buying property in Thailand. It's really a lazy effort by Jamie boy to flog property to unsuspecting buyers.

I was disappointed about the lack of information provided as well

See Change

AntC said:
I tried to buy some Thailand Real estate 5 years ago, but a local Lawyer confirmed that you must go partners with a Local Thai native, who must hold/own at least 51%. Don't know if this still holds now.

Cheers\
Ant.

You are exactly right. I travelled most of South-East Asia in January/Feb this year and this still applies from the information I received from locals.

beware

Hi everyone,
I just read information about Thailand. I am from Thailand. In the past we haven't had used an agent to manage or sell the property.
So we sell by telling our friends that we want to sell.

I dont know how they do at the moment. I just want to caution you about the property managers and also sometime it is easy to buy the property but when you want to sell it is a bit of a drama. I love Thailand and love to go back to live when i retrie but i am not sure about investment. May be I am wrong but just be aware.
good luck
Nid

I agree with Nid, be careful. I have a Thai wife lived in Pattaya for 7 years and have owned a house in Pattaya for 4 years.

I purchased a property in Thailand and had difficulty selling it. After many months and using many agents I finally sold it.

In Pattaya there are already too many empty properties and there are still more developments going on. Too many people are buying properties thinking that they will make money and will be able to rent it out while they are not in Thailand. Looking at the price of property and to get good returns, the main rental market would be expats, there are just not enough expats in Pattaya to rent all the empty properties.

I don't care what the agents say, but without being there to see the properties and having a good knowledge of the area, I would buy closer to home.

Back