Anyone into John Fitzgeralds stuff ?

I've always liked what he seems to put across but at 300 bucks a pop I haven't bought his programs or so read much in detail at all.

Does anyone here know much about his stuff , what do you think ?

Cheers

I actually got started in property investing after reading an article/interview about JF in the Virgin Voyeur magazine back in around late 2006 or early 2007.
I read his 7 steps to wealth book and took away a few good ideas/concepts from that.
I also read other books (Yardney, Chan, Somers etc) and took from them the ideas/concpets that resonated with me, then created my own strategy.
Never looked back.
No single book or individual has all the answers. The only right strategy is the one that's right for you given your circumstances, risk profile, objectives and lifestyle.

I actually got started in property investing after reading an article/interview about JF in the Virgin Voyeur magazine back in around late 2006 or early 2007.
I read his 7 steps to wealth book and took away a few good ideas/concepts from that.
I also read other books (Yardney, Chan, Somers etc) and took from them the ideas/concpets that resonated with me, then created my own strategy.
Never looked back.
No single book or individual has all the answers. The only right strategy is the one that's right for you given your circumstances, risk profile, objectives and lifestyle.

Thanks Rob.

So you've only been at it a couple of yrs then , same here. Isn't it amazing the ground you can make up in property , I love it .
I've also read and snipped allot over the few yrs I've been at it and found the same in what your saying .
Mixed and matched with my own creations thrown in. It's done very well but I'm always aware there's much you can learn and still many more handy hints out there.

Cheers

Last edited:
$300 sheesh! it was $free the other month in canberra, must be the BOOM!:D

Yeah it is. His just put out a new ad talking making money despite recessions and positive cash flow.
As far as I know he use to be more about growth- moving with the times like any true businessmen .

Cheers

Has anybody been to one if his $30 seminars that he usually runs in the Melbourne CBD (not sure if elsewhere also) where you get a copy of his book also???

Is it worth attending?

he recently advertised his $30 seminars in newcastle with a huge banner headline saying some thing "learn how to own $1mil in property on an average income" then the small print it carried on with 'after 40 years' .

or some such.

sorry, but $1mil in property over 40 years ain't to exciting for me.

I like his stuff and think it's a good place to start. Easy to understand.

Just be aware he sells new developments too.

Never looked back.

Hey Rob.....I read the Virgin Voyeur magazine too. Not much text but the pics were sensational!! Don't rmember anything about property in it either???;)

Which Way To Proceed

Agree with Rob Williams you really need to find a stratedgy and risk profile that suits your needs. After you have been to a number of seminars a lot of stuff is getting recycled. As Alfred Hitchcock said " there are only three original ideas".

I have made a solemn promise not to spend 1 cent more on investment books or seminars. I have developed a stratedgy that suits me and my partner which involves a bit more than the passive buy/hold. But in all business dealings, and property investing is one, be flexible. If you are armed with good knowledge about planning overlays, future infrastructure developments, local councils future plans for an area then you can be light years ahead of those people simply hanging on for a capital gain. I am not knocking buy and hold BTW, it does suit some people.

Go forward confidently cause you will always get the naysayers - " wouldn't buy in that area, it's to risky, who would want to live there " the usual bs from people who are not prepared to have a go.

Be confident, if you have done your homework then the rewards will flow. There is only so much recycled info you can absorb.

Adios

Just my 2 cents

Agree with Rob Williams you really need to find a stratedgy and risk profile that suits your needs. After you have been to a number of seminars a lot of stuff is getting recycled. As Alfred Hitchcock said " there are only three original ideas".

I have made a solemn promise not to spend 1 cent more on investment books or seminars. I have developed a stratedgy that suits me and my partner which involves a bit more than the passive buy/hold. But in all business dealings, and property investing is one, be flexible. If you are armed with good knowledge about planning overlays, future infrastructure developments, local councils future plans for an area then you can be light years ahead of those people simply hanging on for a capital gain. I am not knocking buy and hold BTW, it does suit some people.

Go forward confidently cause you will always get the naysayers - " wouldn't buy in that area, it's to risky, who would want to live there " the usual bs from people who are not prepared to have a go.

Be confident, if you have done your homework then the rewards will flow. There is only so much recycled info you can absorb.

Adios

Just my 2 cents

Thanks Bobby , good advice . His just one I've always wanted to read , I haven't really done much reading or bought much. Just snippets and clubs.
My strategies evolved on it's own and I'm proud of how it's going.
The knockers amaze you though don't they , sounds like it's not just me . At times you really do stand alone don't you, soldier on, they can't see what your doing.
Thanks to Evand I grabbed one of them for 6 bucks on ebay. He had this big package an info commercial for 300 , nice saving .

Cheers

About 1-2 years back went to couple of seminars organised by his company and got the “7 steps to wealth”. All for free.

As a beginner I thought that book was really good and easy to understand.

In summary, the way I understood,
- build a new (negative gearing kicks in)
- standard house with the land in a well located place (for capital gain)
- in a rentable place (cash flow)

I went along with their ride and inspected couple of properties in Queensland. As a first time investor I was a bit scared to buy interstate. I wasn’t really sure if I can rent out those properties. I wasn’t comfortable with the fact that this company does the valuation on these properties and arranges loan for future investments with them!

My aim was to learn what ever I could and see if those properties I inspected actually perform the way they were marketed by him. If they perform better than average in a year time then I may go to them for my second investment :)

- devank

Back