Anyone know anything about A frame houses ?

l'm thinking of building an A fram house on my new block.
2 reasons , 1 l really like them and 2 , wouldn't say a 2 story A frame be about the simplest a so cheapest and easiest to build ?

l'm thinking about just a 2 story A frame.

Anyone know anything about them ?

l'm thinking of building an A fram house on my new block.
2 reasons , 1 l really like them and 2 , wouldn't say a 2 story A frame be about the simplest a so cheapest and easiest to build ?

l'm thinking about just a 2 story A frame.

Anyone know anything about them ?

I think they build them in snowy places so the snow just slides off and roof doesn't cave in, that's all I know

Disclaimer; I did not google this, I believe someone told me this when I was a small boy and driving through a snowy place :D

I know someone with a two storey A frame holiday house. The slope of the roof impacts badly on the usable space inside the upstairs bedrooms. I guess this could be mitigated a little by a good design.

They are a **** to add any wiring to later. Unless suspended ceiling panels used have to run surface conduit or remove heaps of tin.

My wife has a friend who lives in one, they are very hard to sell and really quite small inside, lots of wasted space.

Unless you get lots of snow :)

Thanks people.
No one sounds too impressed. It'll be on the coast , so not a whole lot of snow .
l'm trying to find one locally that l can go into for a looky round , get a better feel .

I know someone who built one in suburbia years ago. It peeved the neighbours off because they thought it was an eyesore and would devalue their houses.

you cant put anything on the walls ie pictures etc. and (I would imagine furniture would have to be placed into the room to allow for the walls slanting inwards. Very old fashioned looking and I would imagine a small display home would be much cheaper to build these days

Back