anyone know much about running an internet cafe?

anyone know much about running an internet cafe or a laundramat?

pros cons incomes , ease or challenges?

thanks Francine.

Last edited:
Had a friend who started an internet cafe. It was a pretty good set up with 12 stations and sold mobile phones along with computer hardware.

Closed after 6 months as it was not very profitable, and the long hours were a killer.

I have known someone who has an internet cafe, but it isn't really the main business just a little side earner. He owned a computer shop and done computer repairs.

In most towns suburbs cities, its not needed
You drive down the street till your laptop connects on someones unsecured wifi, and use that free

there are 2 kinds of IC
one is where you put some general PCs in a room and sit at the counter
another where you put some stations which take coins somewhere in the mall or another point where there are a lot of people likely to use it

i think first type is slowly dying out as costs are too high

internet cafe.

thanks for that. i was going to ask someone i know of who runs one but apparently they fell into so much debt that people beleive they have run away to bali! i get the message

francine.

This is a 90's thing, when internet was expensive and not everyone had a computer.
Now everyone has mobile wireless internet on laptops, and phones (iphones etc)

Had one about 10 years ago. Very profitable and a lot of fun to run, especially when I get to participate in the LAN games :D. Can't see how it would be profitable now, given the much cheaper PC's and internet access.

Back