Anyone know of a good duplex builder Guildford?

Hi all

Me again, I love this site!:D

Can anyone recommend a builder who would build attached duplexes in the Guildford area. For a reasonable cost (of course). I have the land, but want someone experienced with dealing with Holroyd Council etc to speed up approvals. I am itching!

Lucky:)

Just try one of the main project builders. Simplify the whole process for you as they are a one stop shop. Head out to Home World at Kellyville and ask who does duplexes. Masterton for one does nice duplexes. Good luck. Have you done the numbers on this development? Renting or flipping? I reckon it takes a brave soul to be undertaking such a project in this market environment, especially in the western suburbs.

Brave... maybe..just an optimist

Hey thanks for the advice, but I find project builders like Masterton to be quite expensive. I have looked at the Holroyd Council site thoroughly and it seems to take an average of .... get this... 12 months for approvals for pretty much anything!@!! The process is 'supposed' to take 40 weeks.

I am not sure if it boils down to the incompetence of architects/builders not making sure their designs meet all the elements of the DCP or if it is just council being difficult. My research seems to indicate it is the former. Council are just knocking things back that don't comply.

Anyone else experienced such stuff. I am thinking maybe just to build single dwellings for my first go. I have built houses before, but not dual occ.

Lucky:(

Holroyd have a reputation for taking their time with approvals as well as being pedantic and and difficult to deal with. Beware!!

Fin.

Hi Lucky88

If you want cheap you can try Eagle homes but having experienced delays I am using Masterton for my next 2. Masterton have some good inclusions that may cost you extra with cheaper builders, I have a contact that will look at the site for you and perhaps he can suggest something less expensive than you think, doesn't cost for him to look for you. If you want to pm your details I can get him to contact you if you like.

Back