Anyone used Momentum Wealth in WA?

Hi everyone

Has anyone used Momentum Wealth in WA (Damian Collins' company) for any of the services listed below? I did a search on the MW name for prior posts but didn't find much.

*wealth planning
*buyers agent
*finance broker
*property management
*Property Masters Program

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, including the name of the consultant you dealt with (reply via PM if preferred). Thanks in advance.

Angela :)

just went to see them last week. The lady called Emma was very good and helpful, and although their fees are a bit higher than other property buyers Ive been to in the last couple of weeks, I think I may go with MW.

Used to be Pinnacle Wealth Institute prior to the name change

Don't know much about them, however, they have been around for a while

Hi Jebb and Redwing. Thanks for the feedback. Jebb, have you spoken to anyone in the other areas that MW cover? eg. broker?

Does anyone on the forum use MW as their property manager?

Thanks

Jebb - I have had a couple of long discussions with Emma and been to a couple of Damien's presentations at the Royal Perth Yatch Club. I like their approach, just have found better opportunities in other states at present. When I come back to the Perth market I will definitely consider using Emma.

I note in your tag line you are looking for 2IPs @300K. In my discussions with Emma about 2 months ago the properties she was sourcing were more around 400K. Did she indicate any options around 300K presently in the Perth market?

regards
Mike

DC rings a bell a few years back from memory.. Something dodgy reported was the media I read. I did notice not long after this came to light came a name change as Redwing mentioned. I cant call the exact specifics of the article now..maybe worth doing an online search??

Hi everyone

Has anyone used Momentum Wealth in WA (Damian Collins' company) for any of the services listed below? I did a search on the MW name for prior posts but didn't find much.

*wealth planning
*buyers agent
*finance broker
*property management
*Property Masters Program

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, including the name of the consultant you dealt with (reply via PM if preferred). Thanks in advance.

I have an appointment with Shannon soon. Want to have just a general chat about what my plans are, what amount I am able to borrow for my first ip etc. They are nearby to where I work and can get there on the yellow cat. So I thought I'd give them a shot. I will probably visit a couple of others too.

Like Rick, I remember Pinnacle Wealth from a few years back - used to take out multi-page glossy ads in property magazines, if I remember correctly. I think (???) that they got a mention on Neil Jenman's website a while back, too ??? Agree with Rick - maybe worth doing an online search ... and perhaps a search of Jenman's website too ???

Cheers
LynnH

DC rings a bell a few years back from memory.. Something dodgy reported was the media I read. I did notice not long after this came to light came a name change as Redwing mentioned. I cant call the exact specifics of the article now..maybe worth doing an online search??

Yeah I remember someone else mentioned this on ss but when i searched last time I couldnt find anything

Emma puts a ton of work my way. She knows her stuff and is very professional.

I use them for my financing - they get loans for SE folk pretty easy with a good proposal.

Not having seen momentum in full swing, i can't comment 100% - but my business relations with them are always professional and mutually beneficial. i judge people by how they operate - and this is a very well organised company with friendly and knowledgable staff.

i recommend a number a of people to them, and i haven't heard anything but praise.

Hi Jebb and Redwing. Thanks for the feedback. Jebb, have you spoken to anyone in the other areas that MW cover? eg. broker?

Does anyone on the forum use MW as their property manager?

Thanks

Agree with all the comments here, seem like a very professional bunch.

Chaser, I also spoke with Sarcha their finance broker who is crunching some numbers for me as my case seems pretty unique.

Out of coincidence, with me living in Japan (although in Perth at the moment), and Emma and Sarcha have both lived in Japan for lengthy periods, we had a good chuckle over that.

mjinwa
My situation has changed a bit since I made that sig, I guess I better change it to suit hehe - thinking about the development route now...

What was that thread a while back - run a mile from anything with the word "Institute" in it? :eek:

Nothing to do with him at all I'm sure but Henry Kaye had an "Institute" too.

Jenmans link: http://www.jenman.com.au/news_story.php?id=41

Based on a number of responses to my post, I have done a further online search for information about both Momentum Wealth and the prior trading name of Pinnacle Wealth Institute. The only negative item I found was the Jenman link quoted above regarding the delayed payment of a customer's refund for an education program. I personally don't pay much attention to stories such as the one Jenman jumped on. All businesses at some stage have administrative glitches, but this in itself does not mean the business as a whole is tainted. IMHO it seemed like a storm in a teacup and somewhat unnecessary to even broadcast. So far I feel encouraged that MW appear to be a solid company. Any thoughts to the contrary though would still be appreciated...as they say, forewarned is forearmed.

Kim5, mjinwa, Blue Card, and Jebb - thanks very much for the feedback on your personal experiences dealing with MW. The general consensus seems to be that they are quite professional in their dealings...or at least in the areas of finance, buyers agency & wealth planning. I have been reasonably impressed with my initial contact with MW and just wanted to be sure there were no horror stories out there that I wasn't aware of. Seems good so far. :)

I would still love some feedback from anyone who has used MW as their property manager, or who knows someone that has.

Thanks again for all the replies

I went to one of Damian Collins presentations and thought they were very narrow minded in the properties they targeted which seemed to be in the same areas that all the other experts in Perth pick. Also I am very sceptical of businesses that provide all 3 services of buyers agents, mortgage broking and property management. If I was going to use these services I would make sure they were through different organisations.

why?

one fee and one service in one place - a one stop shop so to speak.

i provide the same service and the fees are about 50% cheaper all up than those that source individual people.

being narrow minded in their picks is a GOOD thing - it means they have a set criteria to meet and if it doesn't then they don't risk it.

i don;t see what's bad about ANY of your concerns.

why?

one fee and one service in one place - a one stop shop so to speak.

i provide the same service and the fees are about 50% cheaper all up than those that source individual people.

being narrow minded in their picks is a GOOD thing - it means they have a set criteria to meet and if it doesn't then they don't risk it.

i don;t see what's bad about ANY of your concerns.

In my experience they would charge a fee for setting up the finance, where this could be free through a broker. I would be shocked if they were charging half price property management fees but will stand corrected if this is the case. Also I think they are to specific in targeting areas that provide low yields with the hope of future capital gains instead at looking at an investors individual circumstances. So I don't think its all GOOD.

Also I think they are to specific in targeting areas that provide low yields with the hope of future capital gains instead at looking at an investors individual circumstances.

Though there's exceptions, often there's a conflict of interest between BAs and what's best for an investor client who wants good yield.

High yields for BAs mean expensive properties in posh areas, whereas high yields for investors are often found in the cheaper areas (with some exceptions eg multiple occupancies or commercial property).

A BA probably spends as much work looking for a $300k cheapie as a $900k dearie for a client, and assuming a flat percentage commission, the latter rewards much more handsomely.

A BA might be able to negotiate well to more than justify their $5k fee on a unique art-deco house in South Perth, but maybe not a grotty apartment in a Vic Park tower block where there's heaps of comparable sales.

Hence BAs, like their mostly time-poor clientele, often favour the inner, the leafy, the beachfront and the riverside areas as that's where their highest yields are (and the best prospects for saving the client money). The problem here is they can be ignorant about the 90+% of advertised properties outside their area and may not do well in finding something that best suits the investors's needs, particuarly if it's in a cheaper area*.

The other thing that works againt BAs in WA is the statistics that are cheaply available from DOLI/Valuer Generals. Whereas in Melbourne (the auction capital of the world) much sales data is confined to real estate agents / buyers agents and is harder for the average buyer to obtain.

(*) In support of this, Patrick Bright states that even full-time agents can only ever be market experts in the small area near their office and their knowledge rapidly falls away out of area.

Just for your information, MW charge a flat fee, not a %age. It wouldn't be of any benefit for them to buy in a leafy green area than an industrial area.

Whether they do prefer one area or not, I have yet to find out.

Back