API Magazine - Dec 06

Hi,

I am a new member of this forum introduced by another member of the Somersoft forum who appeared on the cover of the Dec API issue.

I had an 'Investor Profile' done in the December issue of Australian Property Investor magazine (Page 58) and was told this was the best place to seek feedback on any particular faults with my investing strategy.

I don't get much opportunity to gather feedback, so would really like to hear for you.

Thanks for your time.

PS: Over the last 12 years, I have read many articles, magazines, books and listened to I-books and podcasts and never have I read/listened to more realistic and factual books than Jan Somers. Thanks for your books Jan and I am so glad I read your books/articles before anyone elses. Also, your PIA program has been the cornerstone of financial decision making for me. I give full credit to you for where I am today.

Regards

Mark

Congrats Mark on your IP achievements and API story. Very Inspirational read.

Keep doing what you're already doing. It's obviously working!

Last edited:
Or can remember where the heck they put it.:)
Ha! I found it at last. You don't want to know what this office looks like.:eek:

You and Heather sound like a great team. I guess you will be looking for the rents in the Cairns units to increase over time.

Well done Mark and welcome to Somersoft! :)

If you're good enough to be featured in API, you don't need much feedback :D

Well Done! Just keep doing what you've been doing. You are already there:cool:

Hi Mark,

Great read. I just re-read your story in API.

It sounds like you know exactly what you want and have the determination drive and passion to make it happen. I have no doubt your "mindset" will get you where you want to go. I truly believe that mindset is more important than strategy. There are many ways to become financially independant even wealthy through real estate investing. Investing in blue chip well located properties as you are doing and holding for the longterm has proven to be a successful strategy for you.

I have always believed there is no wrong or right investment strategy, cashflow positive , cashflow negative, coastal , regional , capital city, bluechip,non-blue chip property can all be worthwhile and profitable. There are opportunities in all markets and for me its more about the mindset and drive to take action have a plan and do it over and over that ends in success.

For this reason I don't think we on the forum can find "flaws or areas for improvement" in your strategy (or at least I can't)

I notice you are in sydney, I am sure your story can inspire many others and it would be great to have you come along to the SIG meetings (sydney investors group) held in GLEBE (posted in the meeting room section of this forum)

Congratulations on your achievements. You have certainly proved your school teachers wrong!

Hope you see you at SIG!

Reactions: Les
Hi Mark,

I notice you are in sydney, I am sure your story can inspire many others and it would be great to have you come along to the SIG meetings (sydney investors group) held in GLEBE (posted in the meeting room section of this forum)

Congratulations on your achievements. You have certainly proved your school teachers wrong!

Hope you see you at SIG!

Here is the next one, for those who have not seen it...

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29736

Hi Katrina,

Thanks for the invite.

I won't be in Sydney next month. What time are the meetings held? I normally work from 7am to 8pm so it can be a little difficult to get to things like this on a regular basis, however, on an adhoc I would love to attend.

To the others, thanks for replying. No matter how much time you invest in something, you can at times feel like you have blinkers on and it distorts a true thought pattern and commonsense view on the world.

Unfortunately, I cannot scan the article as I spoke to the editor today and would not allow.

Mark,
I admire your determination and wish you every success. On the 7X2 br unts in Cairns, what LVR can you borrow as I believe you have to get a commercial loan if I am not mistaken.
OTM

Hi Mark,

Meetings are around 7pm -7:30 pm start. Hope you can make it to one in the future, perhaps Perky can invite Mark to speak on the next panel?

For those brave enough to have their stories written up on API.

Can I ask ... Is there a fee paid to you for writing your story ?

Just curious.

Any chance you can scan the API article and link it to us.

Mark

Any chance you can scan the API article and link it here for us?

Thanks.

Hi Mark,

I just read your stats Your on the right track. Check this website out. www.nmddata.com.au This website lists Mortgagee & Deceased Estate Properties Nationally. There are over 200 listed now. The best bargains in the country. Ive made a comfortable life buying these types of properties. Ideal to rent or renovate. my mate put me on to it and as for your link Its on the front page of this website. Subscibe to their newsletter. Goodluck in your investment persuits

johnno said:
my mate put me on to it and as for your link Its on the front page of this website. Subscibe to their newsletter. Goodluck in your investment persuits

Are you really sure your mate put you onto it?

Or did you merely 'stumble across' it? http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=262877#post262877

Is it their newsletter or your newsletter?

This thread makes it sound like yours.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28921&page=2

If so, why the coyness (eg 'your mate' or 'stumbled across')?

Furthermore, why should anyone believe you (let alone consider doing business) if you can't even stick to the same story during a 45 minute lunchtime hijacking/posting/spamming frenzy?

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
johnno, as Parker mentioned before he deleted his post, your posts to date are suspicious as all of your 4 posts to date (after joining today) mention this same website. Are you John Kovacs from Geelong who used to be a former REA with a Noel Jones franchise in Richmond Victoria?

Instead of spamming this site, you could have done better by introducing yourself and your website - which looks like it may be a good resource. The way you've gone about this is wrong.

EDIT: similar post by Parker reinstated.

Hi Mark,

I just read your stats Your on the right track. Check this website out. www.nmddata.com.au This website lists Mortgagee & Deceased Estate Properties Nationally. There are over 200 listed now. The best bargains in the country. Ive made a comfortable life buying these types of properties. Ideal to rent or renovate. my mate put me on to it and as for your link Its on the front page of this website. Subscibe to their newsletter. Goodluck in your investment persuits

Had a look at the website , I think its a great idea. I look for these type of properties myself so having them all in 1 website is of benefit.

I can see where spiderman is coming from, maybe just some clarification needed....but welcome to the forum, I hope its all just been a misunderstanding!

Back