Apology to Mr Jenman and the Jenman Group of Companies.

On the 24th of May 2003 I posted statements about Neil Jenman and his Group of Companies on this forum. Those statements were based on discussions I had had with former Jenman staff and on material published by Mr Jenman and the Jenman group of companies. However, I have now been informed by solicitors acting on behalf of Mr Jenman that some of my statements were inaccurate and I therefore stand corrected. My statements were without malice and I wish to unreservedly apologise to Neil Jenman and his group of companies for any hurt that those statements may have caused.

asy

I wonder how long this post will go on for ...

I sense a LONG post in the making

Sim ... control yourself ...no locking ...

see change

Hi,

Don't suppose your allowed to attach the original statement asy, just to remind us what you were sorry about??

Yes I know I'm being mischevious.

bye

Haha good to see Mr Jenman needs to hide behind solicitors

Mr Jenman - we are having a public debate here, all you needed to do was to correct the statements.

You may have been able to save face this way

The fact that you brought your solicitors into the situation in my opinion shows your weak character and that the comments must have been a little too close to your heart.

Nicely worded apology asy!
I think free speech is a good thing, and I think there is a great deal of it on the forum. However, if someone genuinely believes that information posted here is inaccurate, then I do think they have a right to ask for it to be retracted. How that's handled is always tricky.
I know I wouldn't appreciate it if people said things about me that weren't true, and just because I'm an "anonymous" person as opposed to someone in the full glare of the public gaze, that doesn't mean that I feel things more strongly than a public person would. If anything it's probably worse for a public figure, because there's a lot more opportunity for right and wrong things to be said about them.

Bit like Kerry Packer, Ch 9's ACA basically does what they like in regard to exposing a public figure's private life for ratings. But if anyone dares to expose anything about Packer and his family and you have some of the best legal attack dogs in Australia all sent after you.

Jenman knows the best and cheapest form of advertising his companies services is by "marketing" and the best for of marketing is public exposure, "I am on your side, trust me, I am one of you not those lying other agents" rather than direct advertising. Hold Jenmans feet to the fire just as he holds the unspecific "rest" of RE agent industry (except his agents) feet to the fire and you are asking for trouble.

Good apology Asy, though any errors in your statements were picked up and corrected in the thread very effectively. It seems strange to me that the Jenman system claims to be so thick skinned and is so thin skinned here.

I would have seen any inaccurate comments by Asy or anyone else on this forum as an opportunity to get the Jenman message across and convince people of its validity, not as an excuse to gag those with a differing view.

I also note that Jenman targeted an agent, not others who have had issues, complaints or erroneous beliefs about the system. Blatantly Jenman is anti-good agents as well as bad if they are not within his system & paying him fees in whatever manner.

I personally have had no response to the issue I discussed having with a Jenman agent in the thread, despite PMing the Jenman agent who was actively participating in the thread.....

What this response by Jenman's representatives does tell me, however, is that Jenman & his system are NO DIFFERENT to any of the other systems in Real Estate who gag negative comments and stifle free discussion.

I continue to have a high respect for the philosophy espoused by the Jenman system. Unfortunately yet again the practice of this philosophy has proven to be lacking.

I'll make sure that when my friends entering the property market ask me 'what is this Jenman thing?' I tell them what I perceive to be the truth from the behaviour of Jenman's representatives on this forum - that the Jenman organisation are just another Real Estate scam masquarading as an ethical organisation.

Aceyducey

Before this discussion goes off the rails, I would like to remind everyone using this forum of our forum policy (see www.somersoft.com.au/forum.htm )...

We do not support unfair, unethical, unsupported, libelous or crude comments, no matter who makes them. We reserve the right to delete any posts we consider to be distasteful, disrespectful, degrading or in any way outside the spirit of the forum.

I would remind all forumites that the aims of the forum were to...

· Discuss property investment issues in general

· Share reviews and recommendations on a wide variety of investment resources and services (everything from events, books, software, websites, sources of finance, property-accountants, etc).

· Help each other evaluate property investment opportunities

· Keep abreast of important education events (courses, seminars, workshops, etc)

· Keep up to date on the latest innovative investment techniques

· Make friends, keep in touch, motivate, support and mentor each other

Don't let it degrade into a slanging match of any sort and any comments should be able to be substantiated and made within the spirit of the aims above.

Hi everyone

Firstly, well said Ian (and ASY). I beleive that if Mr Jenman thought any of the comments being made in the discussion forum were inaccurate he is more than welcome to set the record straight. I seem to recall a certain Margaret Lomas did just that on this forum not to long ago and I now find I have far more respect for her and her approach to property investment.

This forum is an invaluable source of information that keeps it's member up to date with the latest investment strategies and also the Latest SCAMS.

Brinkdude

PS. What happened to the 4th amendment or is that the 5th.

I am about half way through the 'Don't sign anything' book and it seems to have very good information on the tricks of the real estate industry. Is it correct to assume that a Jenman agent is bound to follow all of the principles specified in the book? If so, what are the advantages and disadvantages of using a Jenman agent? What are the reasons for the negative opinions on Jenman?

GO NEIL!!!

This is sounding like another forum ganging up session.

If i was defamed/the subject of inaccurate statements on a public forum and was a very public figure i would do exactly the same as Neil has.

Putting aside the Jenman philosophy for a minute, people of his success level dont stuff around with nancy boy apologies or explanations.....its solicitors at 3 paces:)

If anyone is seriously offended or insulted by Neils actions re this forum, well.... challenge him because the head of every states Real Estate Institute wont.

Originally posted by mustapha
I am about half way through the 'Don't sign anything' book and it seems to have very good information on the tricks of the real estate industry. Is it correct to assume that a Jenman agent is bound to follow all of the principles specified in the book? If so, what are the advantages and disadvantages of using a Jenman agent? What are the reasons for the negative opinions on Jenman?

mustapha,

To my knowledge, Jenman agents are trained to follow the principles in the book. However I am not aware of how they are audited to ensure they do follow the principles and do not stray.

Negative opinions on Jenman IMHO have been caused by the lack of consistency between the Jenman philosophy and the experiences of some people dealing with Jenman agents (including me).

I don't think there is anyone who would dispute that the Jenman philosophy of ethics in Real Estate is good, they would just dispute the claims by Jenman that their system is the only one in Real Estate that promotes ethics and be concerned at specific instances of behaviour by Jenman agents which do not comply with the principles outlined by Jenman's books.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

SHEESH!!!

What next?

What if Robert Kiyosaki overheard a conversation at a cafe where someone didnt like his books and said there is no Rich Dad at all?

Would this be taken as public comment and acted on in a court of law? Surely we have the right to express OPINION in public, such as in this DISCUSSION FORUM?

Let me go on the record as saying that I dont believe there is a real RICH DAD as indicated in the RK books. C'mon lawyers, tell me I cant have an opinion !!!!!

Where would we be if there was no room for discussion / disagreement in the world? The Emporers New Clothes me thinks...

This kind of stuff really gets my back up.....

TheBacon

brains

Originally posted by brains

If anyone is seriously offended or insulted by Neils actions re this forum, well.... challenge him because the head of every states Real Estate Institute wont.

ummm I think they have mate

REIV

Cheers

Phil

Originally posted by see_change
Is that you brains , or has someone hijacked your computer...

see change

What sort of lame bite is that for a good bit of bait??:D :D

Originally posted by michaelg
Hi,

So what should I do about these?

Hi MG

Hang your head in shame or give him a one or two fingered salute as approriate and go on providing a service that people want.

bundy

Back