Apprenticeship.

Hey all.

I have been given a cancellation of my apprenticeship. And I'm kind of pissed off and I dunno where I stand. Has this happened to anyone before?

The reasoning behind all this my boss said "I dunno where I'm going to be in 6-12 months"

I've passed probationary period and I'm 2 months into my schooling.

How far into apprenticeship in total?
Which job/industry?
Can't you continue with another employer?

Here in Perth, for some industries (such as mechanics), its the industry body itself that you have the apprenticeship with and you can swap between companies as needed.

This happened to my son. We contacted the Trades School and they found him another employer but he was able to continue with the schooling until he was signed up.

Good luck

Chris

Electrical.

I'm 2 months into apprenticeship. But I have done a pre app. So that time gets taken off my schooling. Plus what about all my profiling too?

I could but I wanna be guaranteed the apprenticeship before a leave this company.

You would have signed a national training contract with an Australian Apprenticeship Centre. That contract says that there is a 3 month trial period during which either party can break the contract for whatever reason, after the 3 months trial the contract then becomes binding. Unfortunately you didn't make it past the 3 months so there is little you can do.

Any time already served goes with you as does your profiling. You won't need to start again just pick up from where you left.
It will be up to you to find another position though. Talk to your training provider , you should be able to continue with them while you look for a position.
Good luck

Back