Are any threads pointing out the negative economic environment now banned?

The thread was getting too long, so I closed it. Feel free to open a new one.

The last few posts in the thread were starting to get personal, so I deleted them. It seems that some people seem to take great delight in "proving" everyone else wrong. These debates always end up getting too personal when personal agendas seem to come into play.

As I already mentioned, feel free to start a new thread on the topic.

The thread was getting too long, so I closed it. Feel free to open a new one.

The last few posts in the thread were starting to get personal, so I deleted them. It seems that some people seem to take great delight in "proving" everyone else wrong. These debates always end up getting too personal when personal agendas seem to come into play.

As I already mentioned, feel free to start a new thread on the topic.

Too long. I don't think so:mad:. We've had much longer ones (including the Global Warming one)
I simply replied to lizzie's post yesterday in regard to a post from May where she said 75% of the survey think a slight downturn or better and that these people must have " financial education and street knowledge". As implied that the D&G who must be idiots who don't know anything.
I stated that it appears that with the June GDP figure to be negative (and Australia in a technical recession with worse to come) that maybe all the bulls are incorrect . Are we now shutting down ANY questioning and cross-analysis of the established Somersofters??

interesting.

75% - or three quarters - think a slight downturn or better. are we realists, using our financial education and street knowledge, or just an optimistic bunch?

i think a combination.

Noticed 4 days of posts were deleted (including mine from yesterday), not just the thread closed.

Sheeeh. Somersoft has really turning into a communist state, hasn't it. One way of thinking only allowed.

See you guys. Clearly D&G views are not allowed on Somersoft. And never dare to question the establisted Somersofters in their economic views (even though there have been proved wrong), with the world heading into more trouble.
Enjoy your rainbows and lollipops, which the world heads into GFC2 and property corrects.

Bye.

Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM
bluestorm
This message has been deleted by Sim. Reason: trolling

Not trolling. Questioning a thread stating that 75% of voters must be correct when they didn't predict a recession.

Too long. I don't think so :mad:. We've had much longer ones (including the Global Warming one)

I generally try and restrict threads to no more than 200 posts ... any more than this and it becomes a nightmare to administer (and site performance begins to suffer a little).

Occasionally a thread slips through the cracks - I had to close one very active thread at 1,000 posts a while back.

There's nothing stopping you creating a new thread to continue the discussion - you can even quote parts of the old thread if you need to.

Close, or delete deliberately.
Funny, all deleted posts from 5 people were for the same reason "trolling". I expect that all 5 questioned the established Somersofters.

I expect this post to be deleted as well:rolleyes:

Well, you have one less "troller" to worry about. I'm off. Clearly robust debate is not encouraged. Only pro-property, rainbows and lollipops posts allowed.

See you.

Do us all a favour and mean it this time.

The repetition is comical.

Rooster

Don't worry, Sim has made his point that he doesn't want people with opinions different to the establish people on here.

Trollers:rolleyes:

Listen to the bulls, while property corrects 30%.

Close, or delete deliberately.
Funny, all deleted posts from 5 people were for the same reason "trolling". I expect that all 5 questioned the established Somersofters.

I expect this post to be deleted as well:rolleyes:

No - that was just laziness on my part, select all posts, click on "delete posts" in the moderation menu, and type a reason for the deletion ... all posts get the same message.

Do us all a favour and mean it this time.

The repetition is comical.

Rooster

yes, this post shows clearyhow much more mature than anything bluestorm posted the rest of us here are !!!! and shows why we have to get rid of hom to maintain our high moral standards

:confused:

what was the name of the guy a few years back that said we were all doomed and should buy tinned food and shot guns? I think he left, but was given free reign up until deciding to leave

Back