Are BAs a ripoff like many REAs & FPs ?

are BA's a rip.....hmmm.

most BA's guarantee to double their fee in equity held - or similar - so no, i would say in that instance, they are not a rip.

one BA i know charges $15k to source high growth, CF neutral-ish properties. if you took time off work to the value of $15k, could you find a deal that was the same at $30k minimum under market value?

food for thought.

are BA's a rip.....hmmm.

most BA's guarantee to double their fee in equity held - or similar - so no, i would say in that instance, they are not a rip.

one BA i know charges $15k to source high growth, CF neutral-ish properties. if you took time off work to the value of $15k, could you find a deal that was the same at $30k minimum under market value?

food for thought.

I dont believe you can generalise and put all BA in the same basket, like everything there is good and bad.

Cheers, MTR

Stephen,

Just read your post from January on a BA in Brisbane you were in thye process of using. If you're still happy with their service, and you don't mind, I'd be happy to get a referral from you. I'm in a similar situation to you being OS and wanting to buy, but little time. I've not used a BA before and so am in the process of learning about their services and fees and finding a good one.

Cheers

I would like to recommend Caroline at Property Searchers in Brisbane http://www.propertyresearch.com.au/

I dealt with them in March. My direction to them was to locate a 2BR apartment in the inner suburbs in what they deemed a high growth area. They located a lovely and large 100sq flat in a group of 8 in Auchenflower 2 blocks from the river - not a suburb I'd ever heard of I might add! Caroline sent me links to a few properties to get a feel for what I did and didn't like. The property she located for me appeared on RE.com on a Thursday, with the first OFI due on the Saturday. She managed to see it prior (on Friday am). The property already had an offer sight-unseen from someone in Canberra so we did pay the asking price to secure it. The offer was conditional on building reports etc, but offer was accepted 2 hours before it was due to be OFI for the first time. That is not something I would have achieved without Caroline.

Since the purchase I've looked at a lot of property in the area and I'm extremely happy with the property she found.

From experience I would only use a BA who lives/works in the State where you plan to purchase. I would also make sure that recommendations made by BA is backed up with evidence, not just an opinion. I can give you one for free.

I have purchased most of my own properties as I have time and like doing my own research.

I have also networked with a BA who is an experienced investor and she has helped me look at other strategies as a way of moving ahead faster. I use her for QLD area, but would not use her in any other State.

This is my not so good story using BA - 12 months ago I used BA to purchase in Melb as I am from Perth. The BA lacked experience and I lost some good deals and $500 fee. Fortunately ended up purchasing in Melb myself and it worked out well. To add insult to injury I found out the BA was from Perth, I assumed she was in Melb.

It's not all bad, but you definately need to do your homework.

Cheers, MTR

Hi,

I know this message was a while back now, but I am searching for a good BA in the Brisbane area, so was wondering if you could please send me the details of the BA you mentioned? Thanks

Back