Are internet trolls mentally stable?

If you keep people at your level there are more people to converse with about getting nowhere except drinking beer and watching football..... not that there is anything wrong with those things, they sometimes are a distraction to an empty, un-wealthy and unhappy life.

Oddly enough, it's sometimes the wealthly that have one-dimensional, empty and unhappy lives.
Often the trollers (I guess some would class me in that category), often have balanced lives, and not a one dimensional focus of never ending wealth accumulation above all else.

Business must be down Xenia. The people aren't walking into the property agent doors as often. Sales commissions are down maybe. Must be people to busy drinking beer and watching football and cricket.
The trollers are to blame. They must be stopped.:rolleyes: They are stopping all the ability of those with vested interests in the property market from having unfettered ability to spruik.

Funny Xenia, you started the thread mentionind how the trolls start personal attacks at every opportunity. Yet you are doing the same.

.....but despite everything Xenia, handling this and other types of 'attacks' has just got to be better than you and Angelo grinding away as a post-doctoral research fellows for 36K pa.

Chin up, you can't please all the people all the time.

I don't have a problem with differing view points. Back in the day I spent many threads going back and forth with Yieldmatters on property. But that was more thought out debate and argument and he was not abusive in his commentary. Heck, I haven't been interested in buying property for well over a year now and don't really have any plans for the near future, but then I'm also not screaming how anyone who buys now is doomed.

What I don't like is the real trolls who pop up on day 1 and from the get go they're bagging all and sundry on property and screaming "30% price drops coming suckers" etc.

What is even more annoying is when such trolls are caught out blatantly lying about their supposed experience and investments, yet no action is taken. But that's a different topic. :rolleyes:

I found an answer that works for me.

all forums attract all types, the contributing, wise ,caring, smart, people, and also the nasty, downputting, intolerant, immature, unempathetic or really offtrack silly people not just good humor.

I find its best to just pay attention to the on track replies and totally ignore the nasty, intrusive, downputting, baiting, offtrack responses.

Its rarely worth your time to respons to the others. dont fight mud with mud you only get mud on yourself.

Business must be down Xenia. The people aren't walking into the property agent doors as often. Sales commissions are down maybe. Must be people to busy drinking beer and watching football and cricket.
The trollers are to blame. They must be stopped.:rolleyes: They are stopping all the ability of those with vested interests in the property market from having unfettered ability to spruik.

Funny Xenia, you started the thread mentionind how the trolls start personal attacks at every opportunity. Yet you are doing the same.

business is slower so lucky we have a rent roll to provide cash flow.
I'm not trying to stop the trolls or spruke anything to anyone who is not interested. I'm open to different points of views. - I like different view points.

In the past I have asked the trolls who claimed to "feel sorry for the victims" that my seminars were allegedly creating to step up, come on stage - I'll give you my audience and offer a different strategy that works, safe, secure, blue chip, whatever...... If they really wanted to be proactive and not just a troll why have they not taken me up on this offer? The offer still stands. Really if you want to make a difference in the world then be proactive.

just for the record, the people that think they have caught me doing something illegal are not doing a thing about their allegations except whinging on a forum behind a disguise.

Big ****ing whoop that I ran a seminar on the stock market and people didn't like it. Either get over it or really do something about it if you really think it was so illegal, unethical, or whatever your little mind conjures up. Take action don't just be a whinging little victim. STEP UP.

.....but despite everything Xenia, handling this and other types of 'attacks' has just got to be better than you and Angelo grinding away as a post-doctoral research fellows for 36K pa.

Chin up, you can't please all the people all the time.

Yes this is much better than $36K and 100 hour weeks. Thanks Dazz, I don't take attacks as a reflection of me just an insight into the mind of the person attacking. all very interesting.

Yes this is much better than $36K and 100 hour weeks. Thanks Dazz, I don't take attacks as a reflection of me just an insight into the mind of the person attacking. all very interesting.

Introspection not a strong point, I see.

I think people pointing out the questionable ethics of promoting - be it overtly or otherwise - investment methodologies to naive and inexperienced types when you yourself are on record highlighting the dangers of same is something that might be worth a bit of self-reflection.

Alternatively, denial, obfuscation and distraction works for some people too.

Big ****ing whoop that I ran a seminar on the stock market and people didn't like it. Either get over it or really do something about it if you really think it was so illegal, unethical, or whatever your little mind conjures up. Take action don't just be a whinging little victim. STEP UP.

And from your original post on the definition of a troll.

I think I'm learning to handle them better by ignoring emotionally charged comments or invalidations. Staying positive is also another good tactic as it does not give the trolls anything negative to grab onto.

constantly trying to provoke an emotional response, off topic subjects, attacks or trying to change the subject to provoke an attack by other members, etc etc, all very absurd behaviours

Sounds like your a bit of a troll yourself Xenia. :D Maybe it's you that is not mentally stable, not the trolls.

Xenia. Let's not be shy here. Why not name these "trolls" so they can defend themselves. I have no idea if I'm supposed to be outraged or not. :eek:

Sorry, I haven't read the thread yet, but this right here is why trolls are valuable:

I think I'm learning to handle them better by ignoring emotionally charged comments or invalidations.

The less people get so offended at stuff, the better.

mjpopcorn.gif

Xenia,

For any point of view there will always be an opposite. Can't see that it would really present much of an issue for someone as powerful and influential as yourself.........:p

Cheers

Nor

I don't think trolls are mentally unstable, just uninformed due to no experience.

Almost every troll I've seen here seems to be of the area of society that are renters and are not investors or property owners due to;

a) renters, young and broke and haven't ever bought a property
b) renters, academic, broke and have studied a bit on property climates (mostly now) and can't see how anyone can afford a property, and haven't ever bought a property,
c) renters, who did have property at one point, sold due to a bad experience and never went again.
d) resentful of people who do own property
e) all of the above.

Those who do have property and still espouse D&G are just that - a D&G'er, and I value their input because there is danger in property, and the esxperienced ones are the folk who can give valid info to protect us all from those dangers.

The two can often sound similar, but you can easily pick the difference after a while.

Last edited:
just for the record, the people that think they have caught me doing something illegal are not doing a thing about their allegations except whinging on a forum behind a disguise.
Why not put a name too the faces,and how can you be so sure that as you state people think you are doing something illegal that the systems
that are in place in this country are not watching you or sitting in the right hand back row taping everything you say and do,some people know of the events to come and that is timing,but noone will tell you if your life clock is running fast or slow only your own Karma knows that and each has Karma as their own,,like it or lump it ..

What is a Troll on SS? I have viewed this thread with some interest and uncharacteristically given a few kudos to posters.

Xenia is back after a bit of an absence and starts this doozy of a thread. For once I find myself in agreement with her in that you can tell a bit about a poster from their reply.

There are many different posters who it seems have taken different paths to their success or otherwise. Some will unashamedly screw over an unwitting seller or buyer in a transaction- not illegal, but different reactions depending on parties involved. If I see a big boy take a hit on a commercial property I will LOL (yeah- tall poppy syndrome I suppose) but when I see a granny take a 50k hit on her house sale (sold in 4 hrs of listing to agents developer mate- got just enough for the nursing home bond which was all she was worried about so she doesn't want to kick up about the nice agent ) I have a different view.

So what is the difference- none really; both legal and both as a result of policy decisions (big boy offloading property to help cash flow- gran going to nursing home due to wonky hip). Now the people profiting on the deal will tell me that its a win/win for the parties so I should STFU and MYOB.

But I have an issue with an ill informed gran getting done (not so for corporate big boys who are in business and should know better). So I am all for education of the masses- I don't need to make a living on the back of other people's ignorance. This I think is where Xenia is kicking up about the Trolling. I think that different points of view are always welcome but I also think any educator or business operator should openly disclose any financial interest held in any referral, service etc provided.

So what is a SS troll? One who questions the ethics of the successful poster who made his money buying off gran? Well then that makes me a troll.

One who sledges educators or service providers who fail to disclose all financial kickbacks? Me trolling again.

One who thinks property prices can fall and that residential property is in many area overpriced? Me trolling again.

I think trolls are negative and bring nothing to the table. Just asking akward questions or arguing with reasons against the prevelant forum thinking is not trolling in my view.

On a final note- someone said there was nothing to properly moderating but that is a load of crapola. I joined this and another property site at the same time- haven't been back to the other one in over a year - and then only to check to see if WW was posting. Sim and co must be doing something right.

pardon my monologue.

Actually I said there is "no art in moderating", and I still think so.
The art, if any, is in the process of writing/creating a post.
NOT deciding if and how much of it gets shown.
Art is constructive and creative, not destructive.

Now you can have your own pity party on how hard it may be etc etc, but art it is not.

There is no doubt that some behaviour from people on this forum fits the term "trolling"

The hidden or deceptive identities, constantly trying to provoke an emotional response, off topic subjects, attacks or trying to change the subject to provoke an attack by other members, etc etc, all very absurd behaviours and not the behaviour that I would expect from a normal mentally stable person.

I and others on this forum have from time to time fallen for those tactics only to end up in a downward spiral argument that ends up in the post being removed or closed or people being personally attacked.

I have spoken to many bigger players on the property market who have been attacked here and have not returned. The trolls invalidate the strategy the big players use and attract other trolls to do the same. (most trolls only come in when they feel that they have a majority ruling, they are not big enough emotionally to make a stand alone statement and cannot themselves handle being confronted or attacked).

The smaller players who are learning, asking questions or have a few properties are not threatening to the trolls and mostly left alone.

I think I'm learning to handle them better by ignoring emotionally charged comments or invalidations.

Staying positive is also another good tactic as it does not give the trolls anything negative to grab onto. Although even on positive posts, watch out for grammatical errors or spelling mistakes because the trolls will come in to highlight it.

That's my experience, what are the experience of others? and

Do you think that people who feel the need to constantly attack others behind a hidden identity on an internet forum could be happy, healthy and wealthy people in real life?

Bord people in real life I guess. They're very easy to spot and I try my damnedest not to be drawn in but sometimes they pick that up and seem to follow you around poking for a response.

Cheers

Bord people in real life I guess. They're very easy to spot and I try my damnedest not to be drawn in but sometimes they pick that up and seem to follow you around poking for a response.

Cheers

I'm intrigued, Who are THEY? I'll stalk you till I get a response. :D

BTW Stalking is not an offense here. I've even been stalked by a moderator

Back