Aspley - Qld

Wondering what people who live or are tracking the Qld property market think of Aspley as a good investment area.

Only 12km north of Brisbane, close to schools, beaches, shops and has had some good growth the past couple of years in a slow market.

Let me know your educated thoughts here....

Wondering what people who live or are tracking the Qld property market think of Aspley as a good investment area.

Only 12km north of Brisbane, close to schools, beaches, shops and has had some good growth the past couple of years in a slow market.

Let me know your educated thoughts here....
I think there's a lot to like about all the suburbs around Chermside, which is a principal activity centre in the regional plan. Depends very much on specifics of what you are looking for, budget and so forth.

There's a lot of shopping on Gympie road, though we always prefer to go to the Westfield at Chermside, I personally wouldn't mind living within walking distance of that Westfield based on how much time we spend there! I wonder what will happen to the Aspley Hypermarket, seems to be a white elephant these days and taking up a very large slice of well positioned land.

What are you basing the good growth impression on digs?
Median growth figures show it has underperformed nearby suburbs, probably because it came off a high base and any new development is of infill townhouse developments.

Nevetheless, it is a reasonably popular burb for young middle to upper middle families...though it seems some rough renters have infiltrated in the last 15 years, according to friends in the police.

Some specifics.
- homes are primarily 1960s vintage and newer, and blocks are primarily 600-700s. (this is what appeals to families)
- well serviced by infrastructure, apart from train.
- easy access to Sunshine Coast
- Aspley East state school does well on naplan, aspley state, less so. Aspley State high underperforms.
- close to Nudgee College and St Pauls Schools.
- close to Chermside Westfield.

thanks for the input here guys...i'm just starting to trawl the Brisbane market and interested to hear from people who know the area quite well. Next step a Residex report i think :)

Back