ASX crash? (#2)

No, on the 1st May 2010 you called the start of GFC2 for May/June 2010

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61852

And countries have been bailed out, with more in the way. Australia property has started correcting. Australia has had one negative quarter, and will soon have two (technical recession), the US is on the edge, markets have fallen 20% so far. Here on Somersoft this is called a "Boom" by the bulls.

Hey, I also said switch super to conservative. My super is currently up 1.3% this FY. Pity the people who left it in Balanced.

There really is no GFC2, because GFC1 never really ended. Governments just kicked the can along.

Yeah, not unlike all the others investors today that got hit in the market holding on and hoping it recovers back to 5000 because all the economists keep telling them the world is heading for recover.

Anyway, looks Monday will be another blood bath on the share market (1.5-2.5%), going by the early Europe lead. Will be interesting to see where it ends up in UK and US. Ohh well, you have a few bad days in-between. Average down and get it on the way up next week.

Even I knew that the world was heading into a double dip, but I was not expecting it so soon.

I believe that there is only a low probability of the world entering into another 'double dip' as a whole, and also more importantly for the US.

In my opinion the interaction in global market pricing for assets has more to do with pricing vs valuation vs expected valuation

Or to put it simply:
previous equity prices where too high relative to the underlying fundamentals.
As equity prices correct downwards, they will be better priced relative to the fundamentals.

Looking at the US, there was too much optimism that earnings growth would continue at such a rapid rate. As share prices come back, there will be less pressure, future earnings relative to current prices will come more into balance.

This is all quite healthy, the trouble is that viewed over the very short term (ie on a daily/weekly basis) it looks chaotic, over longer time periods it looks more 'sensible'.

And as usual, in the short term, markets over/under react. The more a market overreacts to something (such as the stimulas from QE3, from excessive future earnings expectations) the more it overreacts when it realises it overreacted in the first place.:D

I believe that there is only a low probability of the world entering into another 'double dip' as a whole, and also more importantly for the US.

I disagree here. I think there are already signs that the US is heading for a double dip. And in Europe, Italy and Spain are heading towards a bailout in the next 6mths. Most countries are downgrading their growth forecast. The US is again talking about QE3, trying desperately to keep the economy alive. It won't work.

And as usual, in the short term, markets over/under react. The more a market overreacts to something (such as the stimulas from QE3, from excessive future earnings expectations) the more it overreacts when it realises it overreacted in the first place.

Agree here. And I think the markets have overreacted this time round again. The resources sector was harder hit today than other sectors:confused: Strange given that we are in a mining boom. So when the markets recover from the overreaction, this sector will bounce back the most.

Anyway, each to their own. I make 20% on 4 uranium miners in 1week when they was overreacting and panic about the Japan earthquake. I expect that a bounce next week will again be profitable.

Bravo Bluey, bravo.

The forum is moving steadily in line with the All Ords if the p.i.s.s.i.n.g competition that some of us think we are in, by having them tell us how they shorted some obscure stock and made squillions or beat their chest (and what ever else they beat off on) about some great stock pick during one of the greatest natural disaster's Japan has known and made a few bucks.

You have become your own caricature.

Bravo Bluey, bravo.

The forum is moving steadily in line with the All Ords if the p.i.s.s.i.n.g competition that some of us think we are in, by having them tell us how they shorted some obscure stock and made squillions or beat their chest (and what ever else they beat off on) about some great stock pick during one of the greatest natural disaster's Japan has known and made a few bucks.

You have become your own caricature.

Well why not. The forum is normally a p.i.s.s.i.n.g competition about property.

I don't really care. The profit was next week will go into a nicely growing pool of money ready for picking up property bargins in late 2013/2014 after the 30% property market correction.

I'm just saying resources got hit harder today than other sectors, so there is a lot of potential for good gains next week.

Nostradamus couldn't have said it better. Thank you, Bluey. I'm now completely convinced that property investing is as speculative as penny stock trading, and will follow you all the way down the spout to prove it!

Nostradamus couldn't have said it better. Thank you, Bluey. I'm now completely convinced that property investing is as speculative as penny stock trading, and will follow you all the way down the spout to prove it!

It's a synergy. Use one to better fund the other. Hey mate, when I'm $12K up next week on a resource market bounce (on a $160K exposure), I'll be thinking about you working for months to save that amount for a loan deposit.

It's a synergy. Use one to better fund the other. Hey mate, when I'm $12K up next week on a resource market bounce (on a $160K exposure), I'll be thinking about you working for months to save that amount for a loan deposit.
Good luck with that if US unemployment figures come out more than 9.2% tonight.

Do you have adequate risk management strategy in place?

edit: DAX & FTSE both down 2+% in the opening hours.

Do you have adequate risk management stategy in place?

FTSE was down 4% at open, now down 2.4%

If it does fall more on Monday, then buy more and wait till later in the week for the gains. I think this downward leg has been oversold, and the bargin hunters will come in next week. I like the quick flicks, but 2-4days wait it also OK when needed.

I'll trade a rally up back up to 4500 before maybe the next down leg. I think the world economy is so messed up that we'll be testing GFC level ASX 3200 in 14-15mths.

No risk management strategy this time. I'm confident in the trades, and have been watching these companies over 6mths+.

I'll trade a rally up back up to 4500 before maybe the next down leg. I think the world economy is so messed up that we'll be testing GFC level ASX 3200 in 14-15mths.
On another stock forum there is quite a lot of Elliott Wave analysis that is pointing to this mark.

Honestly, I don't see enough positive expectancy to be willing enough to risk anything too short term.

I've been torn to shreds with a small parcel in an Eagle Ford Shale oiler that I bought in April. The unrealised loss pays a small education though.

But I as I have barely employed any capital at this point I am still deciding when to enter. I think now is too soon, 3750 is on the cards short-term if the support at 4150-4200 does not hold.

I am watching the banks with a very keen interest. My focus is on consistently growing income streams in the long-term and they fit the bill. At 3750 WBC and ANZ are well past 8%+ yield + franking credits. Stocks like JBH, WES, and WOW will be appealing then too. I am also watching ASZ, RFG, SMX, MTU, IVC, TGA, MND, CCL for similar reasons.

It is not a matter of what, but when at the moment.

Do you have adequate risk management strategy in place?

Looks like the luck is with me:D

US jobs data just out.
"July Jobs Report Shows More Growth Than Expected". U.S. payrolls increased to 117,000 and the unemployment rate dropped to 9.1% in July, the U.S. government said in a better than expected report the day after stocks suffered a major, 4% sell-off.

Europe has already recover most of the losses today (after being down 3.5% on open).
Bring on the nice share profits next week.:D Like I said, oversold with all the panic, and looking forward to a rebound up the 4500.

SPI Futures still at 4060. Interesting to see if that pulls up in the next few hours.

US futures have gone from -0.8% to +1.5%. So I'll call a 2%+ rise on Monday for ASX.:D

There you go property investors see how easy it is.:eek:

Bluestorm is tipping the start of GFC2 and his plan is hold his losing positions then average down then get it on the way up next week.:eek:

Mate you have to be having a lend of us.

Indeed, see how easy it is property investors. $12K+ in a couple of trading days. Better than $30K CG on a $300K property in 1yr.

Back