Asylum Seekers: Off Shore versus on-shore processing

Off versus On shore processing?

• Off-shore processing

Votes: 33 70.2%
  • On shore (Australia) processing

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters
They are certainly wising up on the rules and using them against us.

This is also happening in the USA in a fashion.

In San Diego (to mention one city near the border) it is common for very pregnant Mexican women to run into the hospitals there when they are in labour.

Naturally; the hospital has a duty of care to help the mother and infant.

The baby is delivered in the USA, is therefore a Citizen.

Voila!

Economic
Humanitarian and refugee migrants as a group are a net drain on our economy for at least their first 25 years. Anyone who isn't aware of this or think it is a conservative driven conspiracy needs to harden up and read the published literature, rather than blow hot air.

25 years?? Happy to read any literature you would like to share.

Yeah, but they don't just jump on a boat, they get a plane, flying over half a dozen safe countries on the way and then get on a boat. Those that don't fly get on a bus and travel through all these countries on the way. Then when they get on the boat they dump their passports and identity documents overboard to frustrate the Australian authorities.

Then when they get their residence from the Australian government they apply for all their family, aunts , uncles, grandparents and cousins to come over.

CORRECT! My old lady works for Centrelink and sees these types day in/Day out. Once in the country they claim all the benefits and somehow can afford to fly back to the homeland 3 or 4 times a year to collect the rest of their family. It's an absolute scam!

CORRECT! My old lady works for Centrelink and sees these types day in/Day out. Once in the country they claim all the benefits and somehow can afford to fly back to the homeland 3 or 4 times a year to collect the rest of their family. It's an absolute scam!

Do you actually believe what you wrote or are you just saying stuff ?

Serious question....

Do you actually truly beleive that the word refguee is ever legitiamte ?

how the hell does someone afford 4 trips overseas (this and this ain't to bali from Perth on Jetstar) per yewr for their family form the bloody dole ??

how the hell does someone afford 4 trips overseas (this and this ain't to bali from Perth on Jetstar) per yewr for their family form the bloody dole ??

Um - do you even realise how much money the dole pays out to families with children? They don't pay rent, so all their benefits are 100% in their pocket - of course they can afford to go overseas!

Um - do you even realise how much money the dole pays out to families with children? They don't pay rent, so all their benefits are 100% in their pocket - of course they can afford to go overseas!

Really ??

And we have so many poor a$$ bogan trashy families who cant seem to afford to anything with their lives in this country and suggest it's all the "fat rich c's faults"

Holy cow there must be a huge contigent of people who aren't "psoing as refugees" in Australia whoa re a b terribly pathetic mob of bludgers and whingers

According to the Centrelink website, the dole is $513 a fortnight. That's $13,300 a year.

I'd struggle to get overseas four times a year on that income.

According to the Centrelink website, the dole is $513 a fortnight. That's $13,300 a year.

That certainly explains why aussie dole bludgeres who can't save for anyting & compalin about everything AND saves them from teh ridicule of being terrible money handlers too

Perhaps the assylum cseekers get $513,000 a week instead and that's why everyone's complaininbg ab out them :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tax-free income with no rent to pay - plus the other child allowances et al that they receive can EASILY cover airplane tickets.

Tax-free income with no rent to pay - plus the other child allowances et al that they receive can EASILY cover airplane tickets.

As I said I'm not familar with how much of a stuff up the government has made with the huge amount of $ they supposedly pay these people...

Perhaps I should familarise myself further with the facts you & others seem to raise from time to time

Can you please provide or point me to the facts so that I can study them

Then I can get stop suggesting people are making this stuff up, which would be terribly insulting if not true.

Here's something for you.

Now I'll wait for you to link to something that legitimises your prejudices. I won't hold my breath...

Well, that was a decimating read. It empirically refutes pretty much every single argument witnessed here for being alarmed about the essentially inconsequential number or effect of boat arrivals. Unless, of course, your self esteem depends in some critical way upon broadcasting such alarm, in which case a careful read of Hannah Arendt's 'The Origins of Totalitarianism' might prove therapeutic.

Back