• 8 %

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 %

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't look at vacancy rates

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vacancy rates can also be a seasonal thing - who wants to lease a property at the beach in the middle of a wet winter? or in the sticks on a stinking hot day if it doesn't have a/c?

Maybe it comes down to doing your research for your property type eg: recently built 3 bedrooms in Moree with a/c in good street (one recommended by NSWPF ;) ) vs: 3 bedroom fibro on Newell Highway near the bend.

To be honest it's not even something i look at. Im more concerned with what kind of industry is in the area. If there is plenty of work and your property is presentable it will rent.

To give an example the first property i ever bought has been my worst performer but the area has a vacancy rate of less than 1%. The problem imo has always been a lack of industry in the area.

>5% I would only be concerned if it was a purchase in a large regional centre but capital cities have so much population growth that any temporary imbalance would quickly be absorbed but saying that I wouldn't buy a CBD unit either at the moment

Back