Aussie property could drop 50% or more

Did he ? When was that ?
It was in the book; "Rich Dad's Prophecy", and was a rough prediction relating to when all the baby boomers started to exit the workforce and begin to extract all the pension (401K) funds they have in the stock market through the various managed funds etc.

Did he also predict his own bankruptcy .....:rolleyes:
I think that was a carefully orchestrated strategy.

( BTW , i Do have a lot of time for RK , just not when people go into specific timed predictions )
It wasn't specific - he said around the 2014 time frame, but could be a little earlier or later.

i don't think that property price will drop 40-90%, as we have following parameters in place

Negative gearing
Shortage of dwelling
Strong immigration
okay retail market and employment,

So what he says is defiantly out of question (well time will tell:rolleyes:)

Our credit system is different to the US as well.

When the US market crashed, people with negative equity could walk away from the house, effectively wiping their debt - see 'strategic default'

In Australia if you leave your house, you still have to pay the outstanding loan balance (unless declaring bankruptcy).

When the US market crashed, people with negative equity could walk away from the house, effectively wiping their debt - see 'strategic default'

In Australia if you leave your house, you still have to pay the outstanding loan balance (unless declaring bankruptcy).

That's correct.
I also heard that what some people did was walk away from their homes and purchase down the street, because property values dropped as much as 60-70% in some States and their loans were much greater than the value of the actual property.

That is not quite correct..only a dozen or so states has non-recourse loan, the majority of the states has recourse loan...

http://www.richmondfed.org/publicat...pdf/wp09-10r.pdf?WT.si_n=Search&WT.si_x=3

Scroll down to page 33 and see which state does/doesnt.

and I don't believe doom day predictor, asset price will fall and rise it just a cycle of greed and fear but predict when and how much is guess work

That is not quite correct..only a dozen or so states has non-recourse loan, the majority of the states has recourse loan...

http://www.richmondfed.org/publicat...pdf/wp09-10r.pdf?WT.si_n=Search&WT.si_x=3

Scroll down to page 33 and see which state does/doesnt.

and I don't believe doom day predictor, asset price will fall and rise it just a cycle of greed and fear but predict when and how much is guess work

I see, thanks.
I was US loans were non recourse, obviously given the wrong info

just want to note that there was plenty of property in WA that dropped 20,30,40% during the gfc and is yet to recover. to drop this amount again seems a bit of a stretch

Had a quick look, thread is way too long to read, but my guess many of these people are no longer posting.

the first post was enough... start searching for mothers of booms and gfc's etc and it's a battleground of shot down theories

and interestingly China did carry us

the first post was enough... start searching for mothers of booms and gfc's etc and it's a battleground of shot down theories

and interestingly China did carry us

Apparently 80% of what people worry about never happens. I don't mind those stats.:)

Had a quick look, thread is way too long to read, but my guess many of these people are no longer posting.

It was a good read. There is a pattern with people who disappear ;)
OP was going on and on and on and on... but never answered 'why'.

Back