Australia's Hottest Summer on Record...

No.. the fixation is because that is the gas man has the biggest effect on.

None of these gases are "harmful", they are natural and needed as is the greenhouse effect. Excess CO2, known to have been caused by man, has upset the balance and caused global temps to rise, despite the scientifically challenged evidence of some of the posters on here of what happened in their back yard last summer or what they read on some global warming conspiracy blog.

Yes, these gases are absolutely harmful, from a persepctive of global warming. Carbon dioxide is completely natural - animals breathe it out and plants absorb it.

so....why is there no warming for the past 16 years despite even more CO2 in the atmosphere?
And, to clarify one important fact in this "argument" - the level of co2 increases as the temp increases - not the other way around.

A reduction in co2 will achieve zero in lowering any temp increase - if and when it may occur in minuscule increments.

Excess CO2, known to have been caused by man, has upset the balance and caused global temps to rise, despite the scientifically challenged evidence of some of the posters on here of what happened in their back yard last summer or what they read on some global warming conspiracy blog.

Not last summer, but many summers as far as one can remember and told also told by forefathers and their forefathers as against inaccurate readings adjusted by CSIRO/Govt to allow for whatever they think appropriate to suit their agenda.

Scientifically challenged as opposed to logically challenged and coming from handed down information.

Temps can be proven to be inaccurate because of cities heating islands and so forth, so until that is cleared up INconclusively.....:rolleyes:

Are you going to dispute the Aboriginals and their handing down of information...?
No I didnt think so.

Anyway, does the liberals still have that pledge of 5% reduction? I reckon it's been dumped. I just spent some time trying to find the libs current carbon policy, and all I can find is pledges to get rid of the stupid carbon tax within 5 seconds of getting elected.

I just took another look at this thread and realised I missed this.

This commitment definitely hasn't been dumped. It's a centrepiece policy. I agree it's now hard to find on the new look Liberal website for some reason. In fact all policy documents are now really hard to find from the new home page - a bit of a failing for the new web site. I had to google this one to find it.

Anyway, it's called the Direct Action Plan. A link to it is available here:

http://liberal.org.au/issues/environment

What is their information relating to this topic, and from how far back are we talking?

Id be intrigued to find that out.

However, I was relating the handing down of lore thru generations of all or any language/race, not specific to this topic, but nonetheless relevant to historical records...no?

Id be intrigued to find that out.

However, I was relating the handing down of lore thru generations of all or any language/race, not specific to this topic, but nonetheless relevant to historical records...no?
I don't know.

I would have thought their record keeping system (if they even had one) would have been very rudimentary before the last say; 100 years.

Just saying "It's been bloody hot", and then 3 generations later the grand-kids reflected to the gathering around the campfire; "Grandad said it was hotter than this plenty time ago", probably wouldn't be accurate enough.

I don't know.

I would have thought their record keeping system (if they even had one) would have been very rudimentary before the last say; 100 years.

They keep the knowledge in their heads and souls then pass it on through sand paintings, rock paintings (now dot paintings in acrylic), song and ceremony.

If you go to Uluru it's part of the cultural tour ,learning how the locals treat the land

TJUKURPA
For Anangu the Uluru and Kata Tjuta landscape is TJUKURPA; the body of law, history, knowledge, religion and morality that binds people and country.
In the beginning, TJUKURITJA (ancestral beings) travelled widely across the country, shaping the landscape as they went. Trees, mountains and living creatures were all created by TJUKURITJA on these journeys, and some of their spirit remains behind. The actions of TJUKURITJA established the code of interpersonal behaviour and management of country practices followed by Anangu today.
Anangu know that TJUKURITJA are found in red sand plains and desert oaks as well as in the waterholes and the animals which live there. Anangu look at the landscape and all the living creatures and see visible evidence that TJUKURITJA still exist (Parks Australia & Mutitjulu Community Inc 1995 p5).
Imprints of TJUKURITJA are visible at Uluru. For example, when the Mala (rufous hare wallaby) men came from the north they brought a ceremonial pole. This pole can be seen as an almost detached curved pillar of stone on the north-western corner of the rock. Mala women gathered food for the ceremony. The women and the NYUMA (seed cakes) are visible as small stones on top of Taputji, a small separate outcrop at Uluru's north-eastern side.
Wintalyka (mulga seed) men were enraged when the Mala men declined an invitation. They used powerful magic to construct an evil monster called Kurpany. Kurpany was sent to wreak havoc on the Mala ceremony. The Mala women camped for the night and did not hear the monster approach. Luunpa, the Kingfisher woman who lives at Ininti Waterhole, screamed out a warning just in time.
Luunpa still keeps watch at Ininti Waterhole but she is now a large rock. Just above her, Kurpany's footprints are deeply impressed into the rock, striding east and south. The attack on the Mala men left spear holes in the rock face.

I don't know.

Just saying "It's been bloody hot", and then 3 generations later the grand-kids reflected to the gathering around the campfire; "Grandad said it was hotter than this plenty time ago", probably wouldn't be accurate enough.

Think you'll find they go way back further than that Marc...have you not studied just a little anthrapology..?

Dream time, never never...you know...?

Any way, we know there has been an ice age, so stands to reason a hot age could be coming, but to blame man alone is rather presumptious and very convenient.

I jsy cant believe we are heating up when I have felt it colder and wetter than usuall for the last 6-7 years in a row.

I swear we are due for a drought and you watch the warmers start saying then "I told you so"...yet we average a drought every 7-10 yrs, just like property doubling 7-10yrs...:D

Think you'll find they go way back further than that Marc...have you not studied just a little anthrapology..?

Dream time, never never...you know...?
Yes, but how was it all recorded?

Written down where?

Verbal transfer won't cut it as accurate enough I'm afraid.

Obviously.

But no one disputes aboriginal histories handed down do they.
That was my point.

Or do they, expert.?
Settle.

I'm no expert; just asking the question.

And, just because it is Aboriginal hand down, doesn't mean that it is at all accurate, and that we should blindly accept what is said....Chinese whispers and all that.

You don't seriously believe that a verbal hand down over a few hundred or more years would be accurate, surely?

You could argue the same about the bible.

All I'm saying is; where's the documented scientific data?

I don't know.

This is an interesting story I stumbled across,.....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-06/weather-books-am/4554930

......"A northern New South Wales family has uncovered a meteorological treasure in the form of decades of meticulous weather records from more than a century ago.

Farmers are good record keepers of the day-to-day weather on the land, but Algernon Belfield went above and beyond his duty.

For 40 years from the late 1800s, he watched rainfall as well as humidity, cloud movement and wind speeds.

His records were so good that they are now being shared by scientists to help improve the way weather is forecast in Australia"........

See ya's.

It's official in Vic at least - 9 days in a row above 30 degrees.

Last record was 8 - in 1961 apparently.

Surely the world wasn't as hot back then....there was no Global warming until a few years ago.

No heatwave in northern NSW. In fact I can't remember a period of such perfect weather as the last few weeks. Warm sunny days, coolish nights where you need a few blankets and little to zero wind. And another week at least to go of this bliss. Everything is green and lush as we've had half a years rainfall since Christmas day.

See ya's.

Since this interglacial period we are currently in has gone on for a lot longer than normal, at 10,000 years now, you'd think that returning to the worlds current normal state of iceage soon would be inevitable. That article is not as silly as it sounds.

See ya's.

Back