AWA - are they any good?

Hi all,

I am totally new to this and I hope this is an appropriate forum to ask this question.

I have been approached by a representative of the AWA Group in Melbourne. They've offered to analise my tax situation and work out a strategy to drive financial success. My consearn is - they suggest purchasing new rental property only (from the plans). After the initial consultation $300 they claim not charging any fees in the future. They are payed by the banks (act as a broker) and builders. I am consearned that they will sell at inflated price or use cheap and nasty builder and charge more.....

I can find nothing about them anywhere.

My question is, has anyone had any dealings with them and can you give me any feedback about them (or even companies like them) and what they do?

Thank you,

Sounds like a run out of the mill marketing company. All that heart warming stuff about helping you achieve financial success and decrease tax.

They MAY be ok. I know nothing about them but have dealt with marketing companies before. I was happy with the result, but I was careful to do my own research. You'd have to be very careful about buying off the plan, as usual.

Put it this way, what can they do that you can't do yourself in terms of research? Buying off the plan (despite all their glittering promises about less stamp duty and how you'll be making by the time the place is finished, tons of depreciation, etc) has its risks. Would it make more sense for you to just go out into the market yourself and buy an existing property?
Alex

Back