BA Brisbane - off to a poor start?

It's been over a week since I contacted the BA in brisbane, initially I dealt with a PA in the office who sent me the relevant information. I said I wanted to proceed and t send me the agreement and information about paying the deposit.

I then followed up with an email last Friday, nothing. Over the weekend I got an email from the BA himself saying when can we talk. I said Tuesday, no reply since Saturday from anyone.

Not feeling too good about this. If I have to chase up at this stage maybe I'm better off going with someone who is actually keen to take my money.

Or is this normal and I'm being unrealistic in terms of how fast I want things to happen?

Any BA suggestions for Brisbane?, thinking I may go elsewhere.

Sounds like Allens to me...? I'm having similar issues and getting the impression they're too busy for new clients.

No it's not normal, I've dealt with advocates before and it's been nothing like this.

You're keen, I didn't even bother to call. I run my own business, it's internet based from home, if I don't answer an email in 12 hours then I'm probably not interested in you.

You're keen, I didn't even bother to call. I run my own business, it's internet based from home, if I don't answer an email in 12 hours then I'm probably not interested in you.

The crazy thing is we're not talking piddly little amounts here, it's around $10k a pop so it's decent money.

They're obviously run off their feet, Brisbane is hot at the moment, let me know if you find someone that can handle the work. Or maybe we should start up a Brisbane BA?!?! :D

Bit hard to be a BA from Perth :)

Perhaps we've already missed Brisbane and should be looking at Adelaide and Hobart ... buy where other's aren't.

Yeouch, $10k? Wow. That's a lot. If you are intending to pay a fee of this size to someone to hunt down an investment property for you, you are going to want to feel comfortable with arrangements. If you are feeling unhappy with things, then perhaps either discuss your concerns with the provider to clarify things, or take the foot off the pedal and find yourself a provider you feel more comfortable with. The same applies to any industry.

You can't control whether or not the company you are considering using is really busy at the time you fancy being a customer, but you can ask the question of whether they can accommodate you at the current time. Armed with your answer, you can either decide that you're happy to wait until your name moves higher up on their list, or you can seek the assistance you require elsewhere.

10k huh....lets me ask you...did you any due diligence on this BA?

Second question...if the market is hot what makes you think that a BA will get better value than you physically doing the research and buying yourself?

I get a lot of PM advising how hopeless some BAs are...yet plenty of people lining up to use their services....the mind boogles..

In my opinion no BA fees should be greater than a RE agents fees. A RE agent will charge aobut 7-8k for selling 300-400k property. What makes a BA special that they can ahrge 10k??

It's been over a week since I contacted the BA in brisbane, initially I dealt with a PA in the office who sent me the relevant information. I said I wanted to proceed and t send me the agreement and information about paying the deposit.

I then followed up with an email last Friday, nothing. Over the weekend I got an email from the BA himself saying when can we talk. I said Tuesday, no reply since Saturday from anyone.

Not feeling too good about this. If I have to chase up at this stage maybe I'm better off going with someone who is actually keen to take my money.

Or is this normal and I'm being unrealistic in terms of how fast I want things to happen?

That's the trouble with picking somebody who is so popular they can't keep up with demand.

It's like picking a restaurant because it's full and being annoyed at the queue.

I'll find you one in Brisbane for $5000. :D

Yes I did DD on this agent, cane highly recommended here. Anyway he's referred me to someone else, I'll keep looking myself for now. For me a BA is necessary as I can't get to Brisbane easily, airfares and accom alone will cost $2000-3000 as I have to bring the kids, so essentially I'd only be paying $7000K for a BA.

Yes I did DD on this agent, cane highly recommended here. Anyway he's referred me to someone else, I'll keep looking myself for now. For me a BA is necessary as I can't get to Brisbane easily, airfares and accom alone will cost $2000-3000 as I have to bring the kids, so essentially I'd only be paying $7000K for a BA.

Have you selected what you want and you just went a BA to get you the best deal - or do you need them to help find what you want ?

Also if a busy BA has a number of clients with similar requirements and then come across a fantastic deal - who do they give it to ?

Just interested, I've never used a BA.

from Sydney Sash?

$4000 won't get you very far flying up and down from Syd

Tula,

Syd - Bris around $250-300 with Jetstar, tiger. Yes from perth will cost you more (but you will get the idea)
Hotel for 3-4 days $800-1000
Rental Car 3-4 days $400-500 (Usually I asked REA to drive me around for free, but not always the case)
Breakie, coffee, lunch and dinner 3-4 days $500-600

With 3-4 days, able to cover area :
Day 1. North Bris - suburb around Bris CBD. From surround Strathpine to Greenslopes surround
Day 2. South area - Logan, oxley, inala, mt gravatt and surround
Day 3. Ipswich, Redbank plain

Are you able to organise someone to look after the kids?
$4000 is more than enough

Andrew is well know to many of the long term forumites. He used to be a regular in the chat room in the last boom , and along with mark b and sim is one of the clueist members of the forum . He's also some one who personally I would trust implicitly.

I talked to him mid last year and at that stage he was snowed under and Brisbane was just starting to wake up . He's busy for a reason .

We ended up doing our own research and buying ourselves as we had the time and experience.

Cliff

Hi T

Do you really need a BA?? Can you do the research and then fly over. Networking with agents will help enormously.

I have used a BA twice now, but the best properties I have purchased were the properties I located myself.

In a rising market its also tough for BA to secure properties, so there are no guarantees you will get what you want in a short time frame and as we know when the market is moving you need to get in at the early stages. You are on a list with many others who want exactly what you want.

In current environment I expect BA are all busy, in fact I know a few who have employed more staff. If he can not return phone calls etc. its not good enough, he either needs to employ staff or not take on additional business, this should not be your problem, when you coughing up $10K+ in fees.

Cheers
MTR

Back